JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot use Android Auto with new S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 12-05-2021 01:48 PM)
userVy6j27xX6N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Im having the same issues with my new s21 as a lot of other users. S21 cannot show Android Auto on my car display. It worked before in my car  with usb to usbc and my Huawei (!!) S20. After changing to Samsung S21 Ultra, suddenly it does not work. What a bomber, im soo disappointed. Thought Samsung would be better integrated than Huawei.... and I see currently no solution for this problem. Samsung...PLEASE help us ??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userVy6j27xX6N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

2 days ago, I had a 1 hour chat with DK Samsung support. he asked me to delete my network settings on the phone at first, this did not solve the problem. At the end he told me to contact Google support. Even though i told him MY PHONE IS NOT CONNECTED to the cardisplay. Anyway, I got an idea. I connected the S21 with the old Samsung cable i used before with my Huawei - to and old PC. Cable is USBC to USBA. This did not work - S21 was not seen by the PC. Then I used the cable in the S21 box, which is as USBC to USBC, and connected this to a new PC - then the S21 was seen right away. I then asked the support guy - please advice where to bye a S21 supported USBC to USBA cable, because I think this might be the problem. he could not advice, because Samsung does not sell such a cable. In my car I have USBA (the old kind of USB connection). Then I started to search the internet for cables (what a jungle) !! After a lot of qualified (or not) guesswork from my side, I decided to spend 150 Euros on various connectors and adapters (crazy situation). I got the cables yesterday. I bought only short lenght cables - this was recommended in other goups with the same problem.... I tried also to see if I could find a "quality" cable (whatever that is, looking to the price, gold coated connectors or or or - who knows...). BUT one of these cables actually worked !! Suddenly Android Auto appeared on the cardisplay !! Hurraaayyy ! Now, I start to be happy with my new phone, even though some of the excitement went lost, due to all these problems šŸ˜ž

So solution is, bye a new cable - and hopefully you can find a person, who can help you bye the right cable (and only one cable), the first time.

Enjoy and good luck with your Samsung S21 Ultra.....

View solution in context

15 Replies
SnackyxChan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You should have waited for the update to be more stable
0 Likes
userVy6j27xX6N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi. I just bought the phone and connected to the car, and it cannot connect. It has never been connected. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you go through the projection setup on your radio and is the S21 listed in the car radio's Projection Manager?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userVy6j27xX6N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, on the radio. And the s21 is also connected via bluetooth to the car aswell, but I think that is not the reason why it works OK now for me. It works because I bought a new cable, which apparently did the trick - usbc 3.1 to usba 2.0. My 'old', original Samsung cable (usbc to usba) which worked very well with my Huawei P20, apparently does not work with my S21 ! I don't know why. And Samsung support was of no help to me after 60 minutes in the chat. They kept referring me to Google, even though I stated a lot of times, that I thought it was somehow the cable making the trouble. I also tried similar, samsung cables I already had, and also, they did not work with S21.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, most of the time it is the cable.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userVy6j27xX6N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Which is strange. Because nothing happened meanwhile to the old Samsung cables - both cables works with my Huawei and my car - like before. But does not work with the new S21 Samsung.  Only difference I know of, is a newer version of Android is running on the Samsung S21, than my older Huawei. And then of course, "old" Huawei new Samsung hardware. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Pretty common nowadays.  I don't know if it's the particular USB chip they use or what but I am also a Motorola guy and when the Razr came out nobody's AA worked.  Moto actually recommended going to like a 6" cable.  Turns out that because of the data transfer you need a quality, certified cable no longer than necessary for your purpose.

Do some cheap cable work?  Sure, but it seems quality cables always work.

If you like convenience and spending money, AAWireless on Indegogo works flawlessly for me and no cable. And when I say flawless that's what I mean, perfect since Sep 21 when I received it.

Bill
---
0 Likes
Neomi7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem! It's frustrating.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings
Avenged features
Android auto
Delete and setup again
0 Likes