Original topic:

Another big step backward for Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 8:14 AM)
chikabee
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Terrible update. Now weight averaging has been removed. This is after weight management functionality was removed in a previous update. Controlling weight is a long-term function of setting targets and observing averages, week-to-week, month-to-month and so on. A daily snapshot is basically useless. How incredibly tone-deaf Samsung has become.
5 Replies
Labyrinth
Astronaut
Options
Horrible changed to the Samsung Health interface. Trends are buried in the menu, instead of readily accessible as you log the data. What were you thinking?
user6tBpqRm76Q
Cosmic Ray
Options
bring back weight management.
jdrch
Cosmic Ray
Options

My guess is, as with Samsung Notes and the cloud photo solution, Samsung are slowly moving away from offering their own cloud services. They'll probably suggest people switch to Google Fit since Google bought Fitbit.

0 Likes
chikabee
Astronaut
Options
I had hoped to buy a Samsung Gear but with all these terrible changes to Health I don't think I will. And Fitbit is looking less attractive too- anything Google takes over they'll do to what they did to Nest - ruin the brand out of their insatiable greed.
jdrch
Cosmic Ray
Options

I never thought Nest was a good product to begin with (horrifically overpriced for what it does) but that's a different conversation.

I don't think Google have much of a choice to create a good fitness ecosystem given Apple's offerings. But then again they were in a similar situation vs. iMessage and not only did they take forever to come up with RCS and Google Messages but the latter is now very poorly maintained. *sigh*