Original topic:

App Continuity Request

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 06:23 PM)
Jetster
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hi, I notice on all of my Samsung electronics that when I view my recent/open apps, the apps stop but work in background.

For example: Let's say I had a 2 minute timer that has started on the Timer app made by Samsung and view it in my recents, the app will stop showing the time pass but the timer still works and will ring when time's up.

It would be great if you could add this because I often have many apps open and knowing Samsung with productivity and speed they would understand. If you don't understand look at the files below.

Basically, could you guys make the apps continue in the recents area? Similar to how split screen lets apps continue when other app is being interacted with.

0 Likes
4 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying, but the more apps that are running means the quicker your battery is going to go down, so there is a balance to be had here.

You would want a timer to run in the background when you're not looking at it, so I don't think that is the best example.

You can mark the app 'Keep open' and it won't shut down in the background or 'lock it' and it won't be dismissed when you 'clear all'.
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
I'm not sure if that is possible due to the android memory management
Jetster
Galaxy
Options
Though, do you think in the future an update could be made to make this happen?
0 Likes
Elixitha
Constellation
Options
Liliana 20160508_180212_11501.jpg
0 Likes