JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will clearing an apps data remove everything stored in that app?

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 05:04 PM)
jon7
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

When I click on device care internal storage then apps then I click on one of the apps then storage.  It has it to where I can clear data and cache. If I clear the data in that 1 app will I loose everything that's stored in that app?

If not can someone explain what it does?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BinWatched247
Asteroid
Options
Cache is for loading things up faster like on Chrome it's cache is saving images from web pages so next time you go to that page it'll load faster and save you data... clearing the data will erase what you've saved in the app, like user credentials and passwords. Hope this helps.

View solution in context

9 Replies
ElvinJoel
Astronaut
Options
No you will not loose anything. Cache is more like information your app collects to give you a better experience, in other words to load things up faster, like pages you are revisiting
0 Likes
jon7
Astronaut
Options
If I clear the data there everything will be OK right?

The reason is cause you tube music app is takin over 1gb of internal memory.
0 Likes
ElvinJoel
Astronaut
Options
If you clear your cache data only, yeah everything will be ok. I do it all the time
0 Likes
jon7
Astronaut
Options
Thanks I had to make sure before doing anything g
0 Likes
SlayerFan666
Asteroid
Options
If you clear cache you won't lose anything.
IF you clear data then you will lose infc.
0 Likes
Solution
BinWatched247
Asteroid
Options
Cache is for loading things up faster like on Chrome it's cache is saving images from web pages so next time you go to that page it'll load faster and save you data... clearing the data will erase what you've saved in the app, like user credentials and passwords. Hope this helps.
jon7
Astronaut
Options
Thank you that's what I was afraid of but wanted to ask before I did anything.
0 Likes
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Let me get this straight. Settings->Device Care->internal storage->apps->choose any app->storage->clear data. Right? If this is what you're referring to it will definitely clear all stored data including and not limited to passwords, files& other stored credentials on that app (if its an app where you have logged into it will logged you out of it too) but if you only Clear Cache then you don't have anything to worry about, which is safe and still create some memory for you.
0 Likes
jon7
Astronaut
Options
Yes that is what I was referring to.

Thanks for the info
0 Likes