cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Asurion Has been Terrible!!! Wish Samsung didn't have their name attached through Premium Care

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I REALLY love Samsung's Galaxy Note devices they are (in my opinion) the best phones on the market.

When I made the switch from Google Pixels to Samsung to Note devices it was a good experience, although I do miss the super quick Android feature updates, but that being said it can't compete with the S-Pen and other note exclusive features.

I decided to switch from my T-Mobile provided insurance to Samsung Premium Care and felt like I was making the right decision...this is where I feel like I was sorely mistaken.

I pre-ordered my Note 10+ on August 19th...it was Delivered August 23rd and I was THRILLED. Well I have kids and my phone got broken on the 31st of Augusut, not a big deal right? This is why I have Samsung Premium care right? So I file a claim...I call the number and the message says "for the fastest support file online at asurion.com" cool I do that.

I get a notification that the Galaxy Note 10 + is out of stock (at Asurion) and it'll take 3-5 days to backorder, frustrating sure...but it is a BRAND NEW phone so I get it. Then an Asurion agent calls to "verify" and they do. Cool problem taken care of right? WRONG!

These people send me a Samsung Galaxy S10+ (which while a great phone) IS NOT the NOTE 10+ I was signed up for. I call them and they tell me it's the same phone...I tell them run an IMEI check on the phone they sent me vs the phone I was claiming...I get bounced around to 3 or 4 people who at the end say "oh yeah, we messed up...just keep both phones until we send you a new one" this didn't seem right so I called back a day later and was told that I HAD to send in my broken Note 10+ or I would be charged full retail for the replacement.

So I send in my Note 10+. This is when I decided to engage Samsung Pros because it felt like Asurion was a HOT MESS. I figured I bought Samsung Premium Care right, so a Samsung Pro should be able to help me....this is why I went with Samsung over T-Mobile Insurance or even buying a 3rd party insurance plan that would likely route me through Asurion anyways. It's branded Samsung, surely they'll support it.

They just routed me right back to Asurion after being told the difficulties I've been having. Saying "sorry we are trained to help with technical issues, Asurion can help with claims". So here I am two weeks into owning a new phone that I'm not sure I'll get back ever. I've already paid my Premium Care Deductible and I'm stuck in this terrible limbo of not knowing when or if I'll ever get a Note 10+ again.

Granted this is a first world problem, and an S10+ isn't a bad temporary phone but depending on the outcome of this event I will very likely switch back to Google Pixel or bite the Bullet and go to Apple iPhone for the First Class premium service I expected from Samsung but am not yet getting.

Word to the wise...Asurion is TERRIBLE to work with. I highly advise keeping logs of any calls you have with them, I wish I would have done better about this in the beginning.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Asurion Has been Terrible!!! Wish Samsung didn't have their name attached t..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry you went through all of that. If I were you, I would call to speak to a supervisor or even email the higher ups at their corporate office to try and get a resolution to my liking. I had the note 8 for the last 2 years and just got it paid off and decided i wanted to keep making device payments lol ...so I upgraded to note 10+. However, I had always had pleasant experience with asurion. When my touch phone screen stopped working and I got locked out of my own phone because I couldn't get passed my swipe lock. They sent me a new phone within 2 days. Anyway, hope everything works out for ya! Best of luck! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Asurion Has been Terrible!!! Wish Samsung didn't have their name attached t..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry you went through all of that. If I were you, I would call to speak to a supervisor or even email the higher ups at their corporate office to try and get a resolution to my liking. I had the note 8 for the last 2 years and just got it paid off and decided i wanted to keep making device payments lol ...so I upgraded to note 10+. However, I had always had pleasant experience with asurion. When my touch phone screen stopped working and I got locked out of my own phone because I couldn't get passed my swipe lock. They sent me a new phone within 2 days. Anyway, hope everything works out for ya! Best of luck! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Howdy there,

Yes it was certianly frustrating and your recommendation worked well. I called in and asked to talk to a supervisor. I was told they don't have "supervisors". I said "ok can you send me to somebody that has the power to fix my problem right now?" After explaining the back and forth they transferred me to the "Customer Experience Team" who got me a phone shipped within 10 minutes of being on the phone.

I wound up getting a brand-new, unopened T-Mobile locked phone. This is a better resolution than I expected but I was still a little bit disappointed that I didn't get an Unlocked phone since my phone that was protected by Samsung Premium Care was Unlocked by Samsung. At the end of the day looks like it worked out ok.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact experience asurison is terrible every time I called to check on my claim they required a new piece of information proving it was my phone, but they would never state the when I called previously. It was a nightmare and I NEVER had that issue going through Verizon... And yes it was with the note 10+...I cracked the camera lens 3 weeks after buying it

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been looking for a physical address at Samsung to submit a written complaint to. I feel like Asurion is dragging down the Samsung brand name and I feel that Samsung could greatly improve how they handle these situations.

Ultimately, I believe (or at least want to believe) that Samsung CARES about customer experience and I want to share my poor customer experience to ensure that it doesn't become a norm.