Original topic:

Auto installed apps

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 06:47 PM)
findacure
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I discovered an app that was automatically installed from the Galaxy store without my permission.  It has access to all info on my phone and you aren't able to delete it or deny permissions!  It has the ability to write, send and delete gmail's and,  more importantly, it has the ability to delete my SD card!  When I access my apps from settings, it isn't even listed!  I found it accidentally in the Galaxy store by clicking on the notifications I had at the top of the page!  It isn't even listed as an installed app in Galaxy store and doesn't come up even when you search for the app!  It is...call & text on other devices!  I chatted with customer service for an hour with no resolution, but am supposed to receive a call from someone within 24 hrs.  The reviews are all the same, with some even saying that it caused their phone to crash and/or get a virus!  Samsung needs to address, and fix, this ASAP!
7 Replies
BEN83
Galaxy
Options
I had same problem before when I noticed that some apps installed without my knowledge.
0 Likes
findacure
Astronaut
Options
They shouldn't be allowed to install apps without our permission...especially not ones that have permission to access everything and not allow us to change it!
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
What is the name of this app?
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
What is the app called?
bkmelas
Comet
Options
You have not said the application name
EBfromRI
Astronaut
Options
I noticed the same thing. Many Samsung apps can't be Uninstaller and I can't remove permissions. Samsung please give us more details on what the apps do and why we have to have them and give them permissions. Please more details about functions of the aps
0 Likes
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Let me say #1 is 'BIXBY VISION'..... Has control of camera and cannot be disabled!
0 Likes