Original topic:

Back up your device

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 8:38 AM)
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
So I recently encountered a pretty big set back (at least to me anyway). That resulted in me having to do a factory reset because of issues with Android 11 that caused my phone to get stuck in a boot loop. I lost a lot of photos, important photos because of the reset. But since I didn't back up my phone (which I should've done before installing this major update or when I first starting having issues) to an SD card or cloud storage I can't get those photos back :loudly_crying_face:🥺. And it may seem minor in the grand scheme of things but I like taking photos and they mean a lot to me/hold important information. So yeah it "stung" a lot when I was forced to do a Factory Reset. And I don't want anyone else to go through something like this. SO PLEASE WHENEVER THERE'S A MAJOR UPDATE, BACK UP YOUR DEVICE to somewhere or something. Cuz it sucks big time losing valuable things.

P.S. wasn't sure where to post this. Feel free to move to the appropriate forum.
3 Replies
userALTHWTelSm
Astronaut
Options
did you check your Google cloud for pics. some pics when take them go to Google cloud
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Yes I had all my cloud services turned off. Been afraid of "the cloud" for many years. But I'm gonna have to get un-afraid if I don't want to lose more photos :\:pensive_face:.
0 Likes
Samsung_s8_lou
Astronaut
Options
see if phone backed up to Google drive. has photo section by years