Original topic:

Believe someone has installed or changed my Sim card and is mirroring my phone.

(Topic created on: 4/30/21 12:44 PM)
DC001
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I made the mistake of getting involved with the wrong people.  I do believe that they have done something to my samsung galaxy note 20 5 g it does strange things and they seem to know where I am at any given time. I don't want to do a hard boot I will loose so much of my information I have stored. Not to mention pictures and documents. Can someone please tell me if this is possible or am I just loosing my head.
I bought two exact same models and one was stolen not to long ago. Still waiting on the insurance to get back the second one. 
4 Replies
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
There is tracking Spyware that can be put on phones. I sold my S9+ few years back and my brother would receive strange texts from me and I was sitting in his living room. I did a hard reset of the phone before selling. I would reset that phone and change your password to all accounts as I did.
Blondii
Constellation
Options
I also sold someone my old S9, did not 1 but 2 factory resets because I'm an anxiety-riddled paranoid little human. Within 2 weeks, my name was slandered all cross social media, I can no longer sell anything on FB marketplace AND these people almost landed me in jail for something they did themselves. They notified me the next day about an unlock code they needed so their sim card could work with it. Took me 4 days to finally get ahold of someone at Verizon to be able to get this code for them but kept them very much in the loop in the process. My bf was there when I had the Verizon employee on speaker giving me this unlock code for them (remember this)....
Next day after receiving a very nasty message about how the son growing impatient and sought out help from a local friend of his to "unlock it", I get one a few hours later demanding their money back or they were going to the police because I had "sold them a blacklisted phone"... 🤨:expressionless_face:
All while I'm dealing with that and trying not go to jail over a phone that I had paid for and had for the last 2 years, I found out the people I sold it to, were "so ironically and coincidentally" acuintances of my fiances. They were his best friends grandparents neighbors, who were also like childhood friends. All while I'm fighting desperately to recover anything from the backups done from transferring phones to get the receipts proving I did in fact own and pay off the device, but no matter what, it all just *poof* gone.... almost like never to existed. I sh*t you not, I was staring at an email I got from Verizon while still on the phone with Verizon of the point if sale date and transaction amount, literally all I needd.. within I minute--the time it took me to hit the 'Save to Google Drive' and push the end call button-- that same email--gone. No emails in 9 emails I tried searching in, no Google drive saves, Verizon(well ASURION) couldn't provide anything else to me for security reasons or whatever their reason was. (WTFFFFFFFF, RIGHT!?)
I literally gave up.. there was nothing I could do at that point.. I was backed into a corner, a very lonely corner. Here is where it all started and has continued since then--the world is a very dark and cruel place with very few good people left:pensive_face: They control almost everything, it is by some grace if luck I stumbled across this post because any issue or problem I'm stuck with, somehow Google, Bing, any Search engine just is like blocked from what im typing. My phone results back with nothing for my 2017 vehicle (I can find info on 2019+, or 2016 and under but thats literally it) same wit my laptop. IFixIt.com has a tutorial for any laptop out there, except mine. I cant find any site to show me a teardown tutorial of a S340-13iml or even a snapshot of what the inside looks like to know is its been tampered with.

I'm sorry to have gone off on such a ridiculous tangent... as you can probably tell I don't talk much to anyone, I don't even want to anymore..I don't know how to socialize like a normal person anymore(sounds ridiculous-i know). My anxiety, depression, and ptsd have been their priority targets when looking for something or someone to blame, so needless to say I almost don't care anymore to be around people.. don't know who ya can trust anymore....
0 Likes
joeldf
Halo
Options

A "hard boot" is just turning the phone power off and turning it back on.  That won't do anything to the existing setup or data on the phone.

If you mean "factory reset", then yes, that resets the phone to a fresh "out of the box" condition.  If you think someone actually messed or changed the SIM, then go to your carrier and have them look at it - make sure it's the same SIM they originally gave you to put in the phone.  Better yet, ask for a new one, with a new number even.  I mean, if you think they really did do something.

But honestly, unless you are a government or corporate employee, and these wrong people are into government or corporate espionage or in a drug cartel, I seriously doubt they have any way to mess with the SIM card that won't immediately flag the carrier that it's been tampered with.

0 Likes
DC001
Constellation
Options
Thank u all so mucj
0 Likes