Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sun

Bicby text to speech?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello again,

I have been looking into Bixby text to speech options and voice input methods as well.

When I asked Bixby to open messages and asked Bixby to read the text Bixby transferred that task to the Samsung text to speech engine. "I disabled the Google text to speech engine". 

I downloaded the Samsung English UK language pack and set it as default. Restarted the phone.

When Bixby reads the text it's still using the default US English language.

I WENT into Bixby settings and turned on Bixby read aloud in high quality. There is a warning about mobile data use.

Now Bixby reads the text and doesn't hand the task off to the default Samsung text to speech engine.

So is their a way to have Bixby transfer the read text task to Samsung text to speech English UK or will it always use the default English US. 

I'm set to use Bixby read out loud in high quality as it seems more natural to have Bixby through the whole text sending and reading process.

I hope some of that made some kind of sense to someone.

CLF

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bicby text to speech?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, @Clf! Right now, Bixby Voice is only available in English US and Korean, so it will always give feedback in one of the selected. 

That being said, I'm sure that there will be more languages and voice inputs added in the future. I hope this helped. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, @Clf! Right now, Bixby Voice is only available in English US and Korean, so it will always give feedback in one of the selected. 

That being said, I'm sure that there will be more languages and voice inputs added in the future. I hope this helped. Smiley Happy

Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, Yes you are absolutely correct. On the very first page of the setup it offers a choice of two languages.I chose Korean as I have always wanted to learn to speak and understand a second language.
Thank you