JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Biometrics - Problem with Fingerprints

(Topic created: 11-14-2023 07:10 AM)
Kamikashir0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
With the Biometrics, I've been using my fingerprints with no problem. I even for 1 through 3, have scanned the same fingerprint to try to make sure there wouldn't be any problems.

Lately though with the cold weather and my hands being affected by washing my CPAP equipment every other day, my fingers have become a bit dry and even have small wrinkles/cracks from the dryness.

So when I go to use my fingerprint, it fails 9 times out of 10. It seems like the fingerprint sensor/software is not just reading the fingerprint itself with all the swirls and such, but is also reading the cracks and wrinkles which it should ignore as this is weather related.

What I would like to see in Biometrics is an Option to "Refresh" your finger prints.

Not to replace them with new ones, but to refresh them.

Like when you add your fingerprint and you have to keep touching the sensor and rolling your finger. With Refresh, you could have that come up to refresh you fringerprint data so as to avoid problem with your fingerprints as long as the print (minus the cracks) still match.

Please take this into consideration for an update.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello Kamikashir0, 

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

3 Replies
user0P15ZbpK5t
Constellation
Options
Mine keeps telling me to clean the area but my phone is clean just won't read my finger
0 Likes
TuAAw1x
Cosmic Ray
Options

I'm having the same problem for about a week.  I finally removed my fingerprints and readded them all the same finger again.  I have an Apple phone for work and NEVER have a failure with the biometrics.  I don't understand why Samsung never gets any better with theirs.  It is ridiculous and always starts acting up at the worst time.

''

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello Kamikashir0, 

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.