Original topic:

Biometrics

(Topic created: 10-15-2021 06:57 AM)
WHipperWHeeeel
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I heard there was an Iris scan. Similar to the fingerprint and Facebook admission. But I can't seem to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction please **bleep** please. Thanks in advance!! Have a great day and God-bless

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@WHipperWHeeeel This was available on some Samsung devices. I don't think any current Samsung devices have this feature. Which device are you using?

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@WHipperWHeeeel This was available on some Samsung devices. I don't think any current Samsung devices have this feature. Which device are you using?

WHipperWHeeeel
Constellation
Options
S2 ultra
0 Likes
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
I have Iris scanning on my Galaxy Tab S4, and a front camera for less secure face scanning, though no fingerprint scanner. I think the year the S4 was released was when Samsung decided to move on to fingerprint scanners, as they perform more consistently. In my Galaxy S21 Ultra I use my fingerprint, when prompted, so as to enable auto fill of my log in credentials, and that works really well. The Google Pixel 4XL had advanced scanning of the face, but the hardware was expensive, and fingerprint scanning was easier, so Google switched back to that. It appears to be the case that the Pixel 6 will work pretty much like the Galaxy phones do, with fingerprints being used for biometrics.
WHipperWHeeeel
Constellation
Options
Thank you for responding,i appreciate it
0 Likes
WHipperWHeeeel
Constellation
Options
S21 ultra
0 Likes