JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Quick Commands needed

(Topic created: 09-09-2018 07:24 PM)
userXfqneooa2O
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I see the potential of Bixby but the lack of Commands make it useless or poor. The following commands are needed.

1. Turn on Maximum Power Saving Mode. Bixby will go to the page. But it will activate or apply. 

2. Switch off Mobile data . Bixby will go to the page. But it will not turn off or disable or switch off mobile data.

3. Switch on Airplane mode. 

12 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

@userXfqneooa2O; Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userXfqneooa2O
Asteroid
Options

How can we do those functions without a single commands? Can it be done with multiple secondary commands?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

@userXfqneooa2O; I apologize but we cannot speculate on future updates to the device or its features. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userXfqneooa2O
Asteroid
Options

Can those needed functions be done with multiple existing commands?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

@userXfqneooa2O; No it cannot, as I understand it. However, we are always testing the products for a better understanding of them. I would be happy to look into this and follow up with my results. 

0 Likes
userqGHjmhcUHp
Cosmic Ray
Options

perhaps i'm just not understanding what you are all talking about... but you can do all of those things with a single command (and i'm a bit surprised that a samsung moderator doesn't know this).

1) set power saving mode to off / mid / max

2) open settings and turn on / off mobile data

3) open settings and turn on / off airplane mode

to search for the available commands in bixby, go into bixby quick commands then create a quick command or select an existing quick command then select add another command then search for specific words. 

you can find 2 & 3 above in this search (e.g. search for mobile data or airplane mode).

i cannot find 1 above in this search but i know that it works because i've tried it. 

samsung 'should' maintain a list of all the available commands on a website. 

i've found a list of commands on on other sites but they're incomplete.

userXfqneooa2O
Asteroid
Options

Bixby will not turn off mobile data. 

0 Likes
userXfqneooa2O
Asteroid
Options

Bixby can not turn on airplane mode.

0 Likes
userqGHjmhcUHp
Cosmic Ray
Options

this is moot because the current bixby version cannot turn on or off airplane mode but the previous bixby version could (100% certain) turn on and off airplane mode.

bixby requires an internet connection (albeit it should be designed to work offline as google assistant plans to)... so wi-fi had to be enabled to command bixby to turn off airplane mode.  this was possible via using adb to edit airplane mode so that it did not disable wi-fi.  

0 Likes