Original topic:

Bixby Removal

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 09:36 AM)
Mark7driver
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
How do I get rid of this program? I can't even shut my phone off at this point without talking to Bixby first because when I hold the power button it defaults to Bixby dictation.
9 Replies
Brightside
Constellation
Options
Just go to settings then advanced features and look for the setting called side key.
Mark7driver
Astronaut
Options
Thanks but I want the program gone. The power button is a symptom of a larger issue
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
You must be presding the Bixby button by mistake when powing the phone off.

The Bixby app is baked into the phone and cannot be removed. It can only be disabled.
Mark7driver
Astronaut
Options
Repeatedly pressing the Bixby button by mistake? I've had this phone for a while, this is the first time I've had this issue. That simply is not what is happening.

How do you disable Bixby?
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
I'm sorry that you're having this issue. I've not had this problem to occur on my phone.

Please go to YouTube and search 'how to turn off Bixby'. There are several informative videos there, some for specific phones.
PianoMan1
Cosmic Ray
Options
He didn't say you were repeatedly pressing the Bixby button. If you're trying to power the phone off and Bixby dictation is coming up that means you have an app like messages, Google search or email open. Which is the only way dictation will come up. If you want to use the Side key to power your phone off you should follow the tip Bright side gave you. Bixby isn't the problem, it sounds like you need to take a moment to stop accusing Bixby, and adjust some settings. Bixby won't activate unless you summons it. Good luck.
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Good luck
0 Likes
thetireguy66
Galaxy
Options
If you bring down your notifications panel you should be able to swipe down you should see a few options including a a power
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Turn it off
0 Likes