cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Bixby Routines are too limited.

Yep, Bixby routines are way too limited. Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve :

I have a routine running at a specific time which does the following :

Set power saving to Medium.

Set notifications volume to 0% using a Quick Command.

What happens is : Power Saving gets set to medium, screen resolution stays the same, despite even trying the "Screen Resolution" option under "Then" to the routine.

I would like to go even further than that but I can't get this done :

Set to Maximum Power Saving (The option isn't there, you have to add it to a Quick Command)

Set wifi to On (since my routine runs by being connected to a wifi network, the Wifi On option isn't available under "Then"

What happens is : The resolution still doesn't change. I can't set the notifications volume to 0 because I am already using the Quick Command to use Maximum Power Saving. Maximum Power Saving disables wifi, but since I am already using Quick Command for Maximum Power Saving, I can't add another commnd in the same routine for Wifi.

As you can tell, those routines run when I am sleeping.

I am guessing I could get by using multiple routines, but again, that would be terribly inefficient. Do routines even work under Maximum Power Saving? Also, you cant even add "High Performance" to the Quick Command option, it says something like "This option is no longer available" and it simply brings you to the battery page in Settings.

A few suggestions :

- Add High Performance, Maximum Power Saving to Routines;
- Allow us to customize Maximum Power Saving mode, or maybe allow us to create a custom profile;

- What about a "default" setting for when conditions are not met? As an example, I have routines for when I am connected to my wifi network (sleep, day), car (bluetooth, maps, android auto...), work, Google Pay, etc... But when I am using my phone in any conditions outside of those (a condition that isn't added to Bixby Routine), lets say being out at a random place in the city, the settings revert to the previous ones. So if I was in my car with Mobile Data on and Bluetooth on, then once that condition isn't met and there are no routines running, my Mobile Data and Bluetooth will be Off, even tho I might want them to be on.

I like Bixby Routines because it comes with the phone by default, so I technically don't need to use an app like Tasker. However, its limitations mean its possible that there will be times we won't be able to set any conditions for a certain situation.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby Routines are too limited.

Hello!

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Bixby Routines are too limited.

I have the exact same issue. I am using a s20+. I have created a bixby routine called battery Monitor. Which when the battery is below 55% turns on medium power saving. Now here's the problem. My medium power setting has display resolution set to fhd+. If I manually activate this by selecting medium power mode from the power mode icon in notifications it will work and set the resolution to fhd+. 

Now when the bixby routine kicks in I can see power mode has gone from optimized to medium. But the display still stays at wqhd+ . Now when I go into settings and check the resolution it's greyed out and says unable to change resolution when in power saving mode.