cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user88fv04udbv
Constellation

Re: Bixby Suggestions- Bring it on

Bixby should only respond to my voice. Not anyone's so then it won't pick up people in the background. 

I tried saying a bunch of things...  "Hey... Hi... Ho!!!  Bixby BIXBY BIXBY..... "....

I had to say "Hey Bixby" in order for it to respond.

You have the option of turning Bixby Voice OFF. It's in Bixby Settings.

Cheers!

userJ2tQ3EeuT6
Astronaut

You need to set the voice sensitivity to high instead of low. It starts at low. I had the same issue 

ITWriter
Constellation

This is a good point. I discovered by accident that a coworker can activate Bixby on my phone. Not a good feature to have available.

userNPemIpfjlo
Constellation

I went from a LG G5 to the S8. The S8 is a great phone, but I do miss some of the LG features. I thought they were part of the Android UI but found out otherwise. Maybe Bixby can pick up this slack.

LG has a setting to automatically announce who is calling or messaging as well as reads out a text. With the S8, I have to download a 3rd party app to do this and none of them are really all that good.

Another feature that was VERY nice was the ability to turn some settings off or on based on my location. For example, set the ring to vibrate when GPS saw I was at work or church. Likewise, turn the ringtone back on or activate Wi-Fi when I was home. As it stands, I keep leaving my phone on silent at home because I forget to turn it up when I leave work. 

I set up Bixby Voice today and so far, I'm kind of underwhelmed. It shows Spotify on the full screen, but won't open it with voice command. 

@userNPemIpfjlo wrote:

I went from a LG G5 to the S8. The S8 is a great phone, but I do miss some of the LG features. I thought they were part of the Android UI but found out otherwise. Maybe Bixby can pick up this slack.

LG has a setting to automatically announce who is calling or messaging as well as reads out a text. With the S8, I have to download a 3rd party app to do this and none of them are really all that good.

Another feature that was VERY nice was the ability to turn some settings off or on based on my location. For example, set the ring to vibrate when GPS saw I was at work or church. Likewise, turn the ringtone back on or activate Wi-Fi when I was home. As it stands, I keep leaving my phone on silent at home because I forget to turn it up when I leave work. 

I set up Bixby Voice today and so far, I'm kind of underwhelmed. It shows Spotify on the full screen, but won't open it with voice command. 

The ring switching to vibrate depending on the location would be a great feature. My phone is on vibrate 100% of the time because I fail to change the setting when I get home as I forget. Samsung; add this feature please!

userPUcXECBmsq
Asteroid

Use "do not disturb" setting which allows you to set vibrate for a specified period of time and day or days and it will turn on and off as scheduled. Only drawback is that you can't set different times for each day, but works for the most part.
userPUcXECBmsq
Asteroid

There should be a delayed/scheduled command option. Perhaps "delayed __ minutes/hours: command." Example would be "delayed 30 minutes: turn off vibrate" or "delayed 1 hour navigate to x location." That way the action could be taken for you when you might otherwise forget, or the app is ready just when you need it. Along with this, there should be a setting option (on or off) to announce (or not) delayed actions when they occur, so (in those examples) when bixby turns off vibrate or starts nav, it would alert you (or not), "turning off vibrate" and "navigating to x location." (Of course this would need to be done without your phone asking you to unlock - it was when you initiated the command)

To take one step further, (maybe more useful) add in an action (screen unlock, push bixby button, etc) Delayed (bixby button/Screen unlock): turn off vibrate. Then the next time you push the bixby button/unlock your screen it will activate the command.

usernWJ5Te3PCO
Asteroid

PLEASE fix it so when you say "open samsung music", it actually opens samsung music.

Currently it opens google play music and jumps to a samsung playlist. I'd really like to listen to my own music. 

Highlighted
01SAMSUNGEXPERT
Cosmic Ray

This is a Big ONE!!!! Please open Samsung Music app!!!!! NOT Play Music. No matter what I say it will not open my native samsung app. 

-01 SAMSUNG CERTIFIED EXPERT REP-