cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userArC5KWsTe8
Constellation

Re: Bixby Suggestions- Bring it on

Please add support for Google chrome and Spotify. I am willing to play the game and help you guys work through the bugs as you launch this new app but please cut the losses where they lie. No one uses Samsung internet over Google chrome. Invest in improving bixby to make it a true Siri competition rather than trying to make it work with Samsung internet. 

One other thing, please try to make it easier to send a simple text. I'm even okay with using Samsung messages app, but bixby struggles with the simple requests more than the complicated once. Saying 'text me wife I'm on my way home' should yield better results than asking to change the screen time out. 

bungieke
Astronaut

Hi all..

First of all, i'm experimenting with Bixby quite a lot. I'm from Belgium, and i'd like to think my English is pretty fair, since bixby pretty much does everything i say. I only have one problem with dictating.. Well, actually, 2 problems.

When i say "dictate" it hears "think tate, tick tate, thick tate, ..." everything but dictate, and i do think my English is fair enough, since she does everything else, and if i finally get to dictating, everything is written flawlessly :-)

If there's an option to use another word to activate the dictate function, would be awesome.

I tried holding the bixby button in a text window, but i can talk all i want, nothing gets written in there. So it seems it only works by saying the word "dictate" which doesn't want to work for me :-)

Second problem.. If you dictate several sentences, there is no punctuation. Every word keeps on coming. No point, no comma, so.. For the reader not really ideal :-) Maybe an idea to fix this in an update?

For the rest, Great work on this!

Would be awesome if this ever came in Dutch or other languages, but i like it very much the way it is now.

As to people saying it's stupid, and it keeps reacting when not needed, it's easy to set up bixby to just respond while you hold the button, so that problem would fade out ;-)

I LOVE Samsung, i always will. Keep up the good works, you guys will always rule over crapple.. euh.. i mean Apple Smiley Tongue

useroVIVsmmtJ3
Astronaut

Hello,

I think the great potential lies in the dictation option. I have been using Dragon professionally but if Bixby would provide good results, I would use this instead. For this to work Bixby's punctuation commands should be improved such as "full stop", "comma", "new paragraph" etc. At the moment this is not very reliable. Also, Bixby should be learning from corrections so that it does get better with time.

usertd0fCd3P36
Constellation

Samsung really needs to let people remove and disable Bixby if they wish, and allow remap of the Bixby button.  Purposefully forcing it upon users is just not cool, especially with the privacy issues of an "assisstant" watching everthing and injecting itself into an otherwise good experience.  It would seem there may even be legal issues around forcing this software on users, and in my opinion is a huge mistake on a flagship device.  It's the one issue that has me considering returning my purchase.  Please allow this option.

Highlighted
Niapo
Asteroid

I feel like Bixby has a lot of potential in the area of macros. I would like to see Bixby be able to do things like "Press the middle of the screen", "Press the red button", "Press and drag the Google icon to the top right", "Record my touches (for later macros)".

I think allowing Bixby to record what you touch and replay it would be a very unique feature, for instance let's say someone is playing Pokemon Go and you have bixby record how to throw a curve ball. I feel something like this would open a whole world of possibilities, and could you imagine if there ever had to be a dicussion about if using Bixby in mobile games is cheating?

Basically I would like to see Bixby be able to learn more from it's user, even if that is manually.

Also there really needs to be better Bixby functionality with the Samsung Music app because I have using Play Music.

user63Pwqs9pSh
Constellation

I would be much happier with my S8 if Samsung adopted vanilla Android and pushed updates more frequently as a result.  Google Assistant works best with my home automation and I don't see Bixby catching up anytime soon- I love Google Assistant and if I could assign it to the Bixby key I would and would be much happier about my purchase.  The best thing you can do for me as a consumer is to make Bixby optional and allow me to disable it, then allow me to map Google Assistant to the dedicated key. 

userPgWdhgow0f
Constellation

I think you should be able to actually record your own macros to do any task on your phone. 

Currently you can set quick commands but only for tasks bixby can already do! Bixby does not work with many apps (not sure if more app compatibility is coming) but for example I can't say something like open Google maps and set the destination as ______ as bixby just says "looks like I'm not able to do that".

What I'm thinking is that you set a voice command ("take me home") to trigger a macro and then bixby records your actions e.g. click on Google maps, click on the search bar at the top, type in a postcode. 

This could then be used to do pretty much anything on any app! If I want to check the status of my Amazon order over the week, I can set a macro to open Amazon, click the 3 horizontal lines and then click "your orders". 

I'm not aware if this is possible in the coding but to me it seems a lot easier than bixby trying to do more complex tasks on its own. 

Thanks for reading,

Jonny

useri47URDU50i
Constellation

Suggestion: Allow users to set context of a quick command item. Currently if I say "start workout" in a specific app it will work in that app. However, that command is recorded in the command history as using Samsung health. This breaks any attempt to create that action as a quick command. Using "Open APP and ACTION" does not work as it will open the APP  then switch to Samsung Health and tell me Other Workout is not enabled.

Type or import/export quick commands. For complex tasks I currently have to find a command that works in the context I want and hope it gets recorded correctly in the history then set it up as a quick command. It would be nice to share this work between friends.

Superg05
Constellation

first i was exictedto learn Bixby had a voice unlock cool i thought so i set it up then i turn off my device to test it it works greatish? but then it tries to force me to delete my biometric data for some reason it can't have both? i did'nt have to but i agreeded i can just use my voice right so it's deleted then i  turn it off then back on screen is unlocked wth so i wait the 5 seconds lock time screen still open it has a bug not only did it delete my biometrics but it erased my pin also voice unlock was active but not very useful when the device is'nt locked screen lock type was set to none so i will give up on this for now but it has potential i would also like to name my device "ai" something other than bixpy or atleast have it repspond to like keywords  like "Computer"

oh and i want to keep my biometrics thanks

usersTygBZrTOn
Astronaut

Heres a suggestion, add a multitasking update. So in the ad, it took like 2 minutes to get directions.

Firstly, make it so when you say "Wife in labour", it finds the nearest hospital, and gives directions.

Also why the man couldn't have just said "Ok Bixby, show me directions to the nearest childrens hospital, and call Dad on speaker", is beyond me.