JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 03-19-2018 12:24 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much for reaching out, @useriVDbnxPAZQ. I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this, and congratulations on your new phone!

Did you already perform the update that is available for your phone?

Alternatively, have you tried to go to Settings > Apps > Bixby Voice > Storage > tap "Clear Data"?

Repeat this action for Bixby Home, Bixby Service, Bixby Service, Bixby Vision and Bixby Voice and let us know if this helps after reinstalling updates. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Pooch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have tried the listed resolution for my S9+ and still Bisxby will not wake up on command, It tries to open but immediately closes itself.

Apple got theirs right why not Samsung.

S9+

Model: SM-G965U

Baseband: G965USQU1ARBG

Android: 8.0

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, thanks so much for providing us with this information, @Pooch.

Would you mind going to Settings > Apps > Bixby Voice > Storage > tap "Clear Data"?

Repeat this action for Bixby Home, Bixby Service, Bixby Service, Bixby Vision and Bixby Voice and let us know if this helps after reinstalling updates. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Pooch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have tried that already and it does not work, keep in mind I went to a Samsung repair store and Their Tech couldn't even fix it.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is really strange, @Pooch. Would you mind letting me know your carrier as well?

0 Likes
Pooch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Their is supposedly a update that's out with the Carrie's now.

Will let you know after that.

Tmobile 

0 Likes
Pooch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I received the update no change issue still remains bixby wake up, something is blocking it from opening.

0 Likes
userULGx32sX3d
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

ok seriously, samsung, you keep saying the same thing to clear cache partition, that is not working for me and a lot of people, how about you just fix it... im a big fan of samsung but at the moment apple seems to have the jump on you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userULGx32sX3d wrote:

ok seriously, samsung, you keep saying the same thing to clear cache partition, that is not working for me and a lot of people, how about you just fix it... im a big fan of samsung but at the moment apple seems to have the jump on you, get your sh&t together and fix the problem.

if you have the Kik app installed try deactivating it's the microphone permission and try again

useriqgz8psIBm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't have the kik app

0 Likes