JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 10-17-2018 06:39 AM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
userJQbX27Vj0w
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello I just got my phone today, bixby worked for about 20 minutes, now she doesn't talk back to me. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is pretty strange, @userJQbX27Vj0w. I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about this.

Have you attempted to clear your device's cache?

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys.
3. When you see the Android laying down, wait for 30 seconds until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
4. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

Let me know if that helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us about this.

Were you able to attempt to clear your device's cache?

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hope you are doing well, would you mind providing us with some information about your device?

I hope you were able to find a solution for this, if you did, please let us know what you did.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

0 Likes
useriVDbnxPAZQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much for the reply. I was finally able to sort my Bixby out the "clear cache/data" solution. The restart was necessary. I just found it odd that that needed to be done after owning the phone for only a couple of days and never having used Bixby prior to that. 

Anyway, Thank you for the follow up.

0 Likes
userMVemxTQo6M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I try to set up all the settings in apps bixby voice storage and clear data but its still not working on my samsung note 9...it keep saying something went wrong...pls help me how to set up my bixby..thank you

0 Likes
useriqgz8psIBm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

BIXBY VOICE NOT WORKING

0 Likes
useriqgz8psIBm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bixby voice not working

0 Likes
userLtaMheDmYZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had the same issue Bixby understands me when I use the hardware button. But wake up command only recognises my voice if I put on an American accent..... which I won't be doing in public.

0 Likes
userhF7O8SmUUP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is exactly my problem too.

0 Likes