Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 06-21-2017 09:52 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
userd7XPQAGjk9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Received email for early access to Bixby voice. Was able to set up wake up command. But nothing else. I can press and hold the button, doesn't work. And press the bixby icon up top beside of vision and nothing works either. I don't know how to set up the rest of the voice to work for anything but the wake up feature. 

SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go ahead and clear out the cache and data from all your Bixby apps showing in the Apps menu from your Settings. Let me know if this clears this up for you at all.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userglx83XjtWE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me. Have to click on the storage part in the app settings to get to the catch and data to reset. Now working great

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Woot! Happy to help my friend.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
Kutox
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue, it walked me through the set up and I set up the voice activation, but the most it does is takes me to the bixby card screen when I say "hi bixby" I cleared the cache and restarted my phone. 

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you only clear the cache/data for Bixby Voice only, or did you make sure to hit all the other Bixby applications on the Apps list?

0 Likes
TheSean
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @Kutox, were you able to check this? 

0 Likes
Kutox
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured it out right after I posted, like it always happens with me, I made a dumb mistake and didn't clear data on one of the apps. Thanks though.

0 Likes
TheSean
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No worries. We're all human here (most of us >.>). Glad you were able to figure it out though. 🙂

0 Likes
userHnswTSK0Hc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Galaxy Tab S4 same here, need to keep restarting the tablet then its not listening again tomorrow/day after... & not just Bixby but Google assistant also didn't work (Bixby & google just not listening), Terrible Experience!

0 Likes