JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 07-11-2017 04:59 AM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
userqGkXnn0els
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes
SamsungCourt
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi guys! Thanks for being a part of the beta program. Have you cleared the cache for all Bixby related applications as well as cleared the data for Bixby Voice? After clearing the data for Bixby Voice, you'll want to restart the device and try giving Bixby Voice another whirl.

0 Likes
userNitbAKNyLr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did this three times. Still stops working. I found that Bixby voice becomes unresponsive when I close the application - either by using back button or close all feature. Done with clearing cache - until Samsung comes up with a fix
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Would you mind providing me with your Bixby version?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userBpuyYHYVOM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same problem on my note 8. When I set Bixby up, it works fine but after awhile it seems to go to sleep. I only use the button to summon Bixby but when I toggle voice wake up, it will work for awhile then back to normal.

When it does start working again, the "Bixby works in simplified settings mode" window pops up. Would love to get rid of that thing and just be able to hold button and talk. 

Voice : Version 1.0.10.8

Home : Version 2.0.03.3

0 Likes
useriFX800GJBS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem mine just take me to the home screen from there bixby doesnt even respo d to me

0 Likes
Essam Elshamy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

same here aswell

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, everyone, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Bixby services. Would you mind letting us know if you are still having troubles?

If you are please provide us with the following information:

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find most of that information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user4oxDCDRvXG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My bixby has stopped working as far as voice wakeup.  i cleared everything and restarted the program from scratch 3 times.  The long press button feature works but useless as far as voice wakeup.  I disabled the voice prompt and turned it back on.  When I try the bixby voice feature, a little blue b pops up and says voice enabled but then nothing happens after that.  This started once I installed the new oreo feature as of yesterday on my note 8. 

0 Likes
user4oxDCDRvXG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ever since my oreo update as of yesterday (4/2/17) my bixby voice enabled will not work.  The button feature to take bixby up works but the voice wake up will not.  I restarted the program from scratch 3 times, stopped and started the voice enable comman and still nothing.  I even restarted the phone 2xs.  Is this a problem with the oreo update just as the sprint hub message was a problem after the new installation?  I found a fix online for that however nothing is working for bixby.  Is there a patch or am I just better off using google assistant? 

0 Likes