JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 08-23-2017 01:10 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
userJrqpIN3HV5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

0 Likes
userMR9CupWygv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same problem.  So frustrating!

0 Likes
Daniel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the problem and I'm almost %100 those with deep voices are probobly expierincing the issue...  See this link for my description of the problem I have.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/GS8QA/message-id/17725/threa...

userMJCJKEoozp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After spending half a day trying to figure out this issue I’ve finally fixed it!! I read everyone’s suggestions on many different sights and not one worked. I felt like a moron once I figured it out lol. When you are setting it up to recognize your voice and tap the button it ask you, which you do then you actually have to hold the side button when talking. Yup that’s it!! So simple yet frustrating as crap. Good luck everyone. ~Larry

0 Likes
useriBEc83jYO5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm upset cause I had her going good and wham! what whz ugh. nope not even q the buttons does she work

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here.
Got my S8+ in May, have not been able to get passed the "register your voice by saying 'Hi Bixby' over and over and over and over." It is always either too noisy, or it says it can't hear me at all.
Clear cache, clear cache partition, factory reset, take to Verizon (they say it's being fixed in the next update), many hours of chat and email and phone support, delete all updates, re-update, another factory reset (then samsung says factory resetting will not fix it, told me to take it to Best Buy), Best Buy says take it to Verizon, Verizon did a factory reset and says it will be fixed in the next update.
I missed a photo op at my son's competition because I grabbed my phone and 2x the power button - and then had effing Bixby pop up before I could take the shot, and the moment was gone by the time I was able to actually take the picture... finally gave up completely and just installed Package Disabler Pro and turned off all updates just to prevent Bixby launching at all. I don't use my phone hardly at all any more, and just use my tablet.
All the sales departments, IT, and engineers at work are getting new employer-provided company phones this year, and after our Michigan office had the exact same problem with an S8 in August they have stopped supplying the Samsung entirely and are now providing either the Moto Z2 or the iPhone 7.
I'm still stuck with my personal S8 until we pay it off, but fortunately my new company Z2 works flawlessly so I really don't need the galaxy.
My guess is that Samsung and Verizon and Best Buy aren't interested in devoting time to actually figuring out how to fix this issue because it is a small (but acceptable) number of customers having the issue. If the 17 troubleshooting steps they have in their official "How to fix every Bixby issue ever" script don't fix it, they just pass us off to somebody else. Better to hack off a small number of customers who already bought their phones than to actually spend any time or money figuring out how to correct the issue.
Don't get me wrong - I think it would be nice to have it actually work sometime in the next 18 months that I am stuck with my pos galaxy; at least I could get some use from my "new" phone. And with nearly 20K users visiting the "How to remove Bixby" thread on here, maybe they will decide to try and make it work for all of their customers. I might still want to try just to see what the fuss is about, but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
Pooch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It is now 2018 new device S9+ and still same issue as reported in this thread a year later.

So Samsung what is the deal with releaseing faulty equipment at least make the issue known to user's before they purchase your So called Flag ship device, Bixby has been terrible since launch, Yes by design its seems to be great when it works but in fact it should be scrapted.

Your loosing customer with this No fix issue.

I'll be returning by device for ful refund, Maybe next model will be right but again Bixby has put such a bad tast in my thoughts of it that I am just going to bypass the manufactre Samsung all together, At least Google and apple got their voice reconize software right, Samsung has had time and yet it is still going on. 

0 Likes
user9XVVrLqe1F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey anyone having problems with Bixbi Voice ??? My wife was having the same problem and she did all the bull Samsung suggested and guess what??? It didn't work!!! Then she cleaned out the microphone with a tiny brush and low and behold! It worked like a charm! She's  a genius!!! It actually happened to her twice and both times it worked!!! Maybe dust or something got in the microphone! Try it! If it works? pass it on! 

0 Likes
usertmXsnLewwP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought a new S10+ yesterday and Bixby Voice was Not Working, I had to yell and it might work now and then. Seems T-Mobil cloned all my old stuff to the new phone as they do and my Panasonic home phone system has bluetooth and I can answer my cell on any house phone, a great system as I just leave the cell on the charging pad and never have to go far as I have about 6 phones all over the house.

Here is what I did to get Bixby working where I can just wisper the name....I removed the bluetooth link in the cell and removed the bluetooth links in the house phone and had them find each other again and bingo! works great. It did not matter if I was home or not it just would not work.

Instructions for the Panasonic system

How to unpair the Link to Cell feature from a cell phone.

You can cancel the pairing of a cellular phone that is stored in the base unit.

Handset

1. For CELL 1: Press [MENU] [#6111]
    For CELL 2: Press [MENU] [#6112] 
  2. Press [ ▲ or ▼ ] to select the "Yes".
  3. Press [SELECT].
    • When the cellular phone is unpaied the CELL indicator turns off.
  4. Press [OFF] or [EXIT].

0 Likes
userzNa69OBbwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This does not work. Samsung has no idea how to fix it. So, the voice activation feature in the standard Samsung photo app cannot be used. Samsung has no idea this has happened, or how to fix it. 
The fix given below is not available on the S9. What does work? 

0 Likes