JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 01-15-2018 01:15 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
userLuMpWhQhNY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is anyone else having this issue?  Have you been able to solve.  Last suggestion I got was to perform a factory reset...duh I did that the day before and wasted a bunhc of time.  After the initial rollout of Bixby (was working great) some update changed the Voice activation.  When you check settings you will see that Bixby Voice Wake Up is off.  When you swithc it to on it automatically request you to say Hi Bixby to register your voice.  Again, Bixby just continously says I Can't Hear You and back to Bixby voice activation not working.  If you press and use manual Bixby it will work.

So, can someone else chime in?  Are you having an issue?  Has a update or workaround been sent out?

Thank you!

user622jCQaHtN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem,yesterday I updated Bixby and get it Bixby Voice but the voice comand register not working.I have this message about to noisy,try again.I performed everything,except phone reset.Is any fix to this problem?If I press Bixby button it launch it and works very good,except wake up voice command.

0 Likes
mktbob55
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also have this problem

0 Likes
useriBEc83jYO5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a red mark on updates like gakaxz didn't finish

0 Likes
useriBEc83jYO5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

if I press nothing

0 Likes
userrdZ6xrO2MP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same problem with Bixby.. Bixby can not hear my voice! I Samsung Even sent me A brand new S8 plus .Running Android 7.0 

0 Likes
userrdZ6xrO2MP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Spoiler

Having the same problem with Bixby.. Bixby can not hear my voice! I Samsung Even sent me A brand new S8 plus .Running Android 7.0 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, @userrdZ6xrO2MP, let's see if we can't get that to work after trying this step:

Have you tried to go to Settings > Apps > Bixby Voice > Storage > tap "Clear Data"?

Repeat this action for Bixby Home, Bixby Service, Bixby Service, Bixby Vision and Bixby Voice and let us know if this helps after reinstalling updates.

Would you mind also sending me some additional details about your device?

• Model Number
  • Baseband version
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useriVDbnxPAZQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Samsung Trevor,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it didn't help at all.

In my case, I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I can't even set up Bixby because it can't hear my voice. I receive messages saying "it's too noisy. Try again when it's quieter" (when I'm in a completely silent room) or "I didn't quite catch that. Wake me up and try again". 

I've had the phone for two days. Any necessary updates have been done. Why is such an important feature like this not working on a brand new phone? And why are so many people still having problems with this after all this time? I never had an issue like this with my iPhone (which I only just left).

Please help me sort this out or I may have to make the switch back. 

Regards,

Selena

0 Likes