JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 08-04-2017 04:55 AM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

JUMP TO SOLUTION
231 Replies
userIEk9lbXYJF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I cleared all data but Bixby voice still will not activate 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userIEk9lbXYJF; When you are training Bixby to recognize your voice, you need to manually hold down the side Bixby button to train it to recognize and respond to your voice. Let us know if that helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's a third party app using your microphone. Probably the Kik app. You'll have to go through each of your third party apps and disable the microphone permission

user4Iw6NfGy19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bixby voice wake up not working on Note 8. Started up in safe mode, still not working. 

0 Likes
users2RtelwEGb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bixby conflict with Google. When I force stop on  Bixby voice, hands free bluetooth works. When I disconnect and reconnect to hands free, it doesnt work. Have to do force stop on Bixby voice every time on reconnect. Frustrated. 

0 Likes
userX9mBTUmxIb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've never been able to set Bixby Voice up or get it working on my S8. Long press on the button does nothing. If I get to the page with the Bixby Cards and there is no voice icon at the top as many say there should be. I've cleared the cache and data on every Bixby App and run it in safe mode - nothing works.

Any ideas??

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to clear those Bixby apps?

If this works for you, please let us know. If we can help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userrFDeYw04jU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Trevor.

I'm experiencing the same problem. I tried all of the above and still not working.

Please help.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, I hope you are having a great day, @useriVDbnxPAZQ.

Would you mind letting us know some information about your device?

• Baseband Version
  • Model Number
  • Carrier

You can find most of this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

0 Likes
aboada
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i have the same problem.

i try to clear the data and the cash for all bixby applictions and not work.

When i say hi bixby, a small icon will appear in the notification area then dissapear.  sometimes it reappears and then disappears a second time.

baseband G9650ZCU2ARC6

model SM-G9650 

S9+

mobile carrier: Yemen mobile.

0 Likes