Original topic:

Bixby Voice can't answer calls

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 05:45 PM)
cccccccccc
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
When phone is ringing with incoming call, Bixby Voice is unresponsive. Apparently there used to be a setting like "Allow Voice when phone speaker in use" (or something like that). My whole point in setting up Bixby is to be able to answer incoming calls hands free, while driving.  Kind of basic stuff.  Why is it so hard? I've spent hours on it.
4 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
You can't say "Hi, Bixby" to wake up Bixby (or use the Bixby button) then say either "Accept " or "Decline"? That's not working?
cccccccccc
Astronaut
Options
No. Once the phone is ringing, Bixby stops listening. Had pretty much the same problem with Google Assistant/Voice access
MrHancock
Asteroid
Options
this used to work, why did they get rid of it. I can't always wear earbuds, they hurt my ears.
0 Likes
userXtzoJKrF9u
Astronaut
Options

I just upgraded from S6 to S21. I've loved my S6 but it was finally showing its age, so I had to move on.  So I picked S21, assuming its a vast improvement over S6. While I am impressed by the camera and some other nifty features, I'm shocked to find that the "Answer calls with voice" option has been removed! I've been googling like crazy, trying to find a workaround.  I alto tried Google Assistant, Bixby and Accessibility options. Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that there is no viable solution to this issue.  I just don't understand why Samsung would take this feature away.  Not only is it useful when your hands are wet/dirty (like, cooking, doing yard work), I find it indispensable when you are driving.  I am discouraged to see some posts at this Samsung site dating back to 2017/2018 that flagged this issue, asking Samsung to bring it back.  Dear Samsung...please listen to your loyal customers!!

0 Likes