cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Bixby crash after i activate it with a Bixby button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello , so i been having this problem for the last 1 Month. First of all i have all the newest updates. Everytime i try to activate Bixby with its button it crashes ( whenever my phone is locked or unlocked). I tried disabling it and enabling  Bixby again, clearing phone cache but nothing helped. The only way Bixby works is when i activate it with hot phrase ,,Hey Bixby,, . Its great seeing so many updates coming to Bixby but this problem lasted for way too long. Does anyone have a similar problem ? Can i fix it myself somehow ? Thank you!
Screenshot_20171130-094445.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Bixby crash after i activate it with a Bixby button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem a few weeks back. Here's how I fixed it:

Go to settings > apps > show system apps > find Bixby Home and Bixby Global . Clear data for both of them. Bixby loaded just fine after that. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userFSWaiKNXSk, sorry to see this. Thanks so much for getting in touch with our community!

Have you attempted to change your launcher back to the TouchWiz launcher to see if you still see this behavior?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hello, yes i forgot to mention that it didnt work on TouchWiz launcher either. I also tried deleting all data from all the bixby services, but that didnt solved the problem either. I really hope that i dont have to factory reset my phone.... Interestingly when i activate Bixby with Bixby button the first time it always fails and says ,, Hmm oh i didnt quite catch that....,, but when i click on the floating Bixby icon right after that it works just fine.
is there any other option how it could be fixed ? ( I am using Galaxy S8 International Version) 

thank you!

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for clearing that up, @MrsFox! Would you mind providing me with some additional details about your device? Once I have the following I'll be able to get a better idea of what might be causing this:

• Model number
  • Baseband version
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone.

If you could also send me your Bixby Home and Voice versions that would really help.

You can find that information in Bixby Home > more options > Settings > About Bixby. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hello , here is the information you have requested.

Model Number: SM-G950F

Baseband version: G950FXXU1AQJ5

Carrier: O2 Germany

Bixby Home  version: 2.1.03.33

Bixby Voice version:  1.0.14.6

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really appreciate you providing that information. As we mainly deal with US devices on this board, you will need to reach out to your regional support for more information.

If anyone has this device in this region, would you mind specifying how you fixed this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh yeah, ok will do thank you

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem a few weeks back. Here's how I fixed it:

Go to settings > apps > show system apps > find Bixby Home and Bixby Global . Clear data for both of them. Bixby loaded just fine after that. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks! That solved it!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Works! :-)