cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Bixby is a pain

My next phone, and that may be soon, is going to be a Google or Sony phone.  I HATE Bixby and I do not understand why Samsung keeps pushing updates that only make it more intrusive, confusing, and difficult to get around.  I stopped buying Samsung TVs because of their annoying Bixby junk.  I now have a Sony Google Android TV and it's awesome.  Make Bixby go away or just.....bye bye Samsung phone.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Bixby is a pain

Samsung is getting rid of a dedicated Bixby button in upcoming devices. No more accidental presses. Don't worry, they are learning what we like and what we don't like. 👍

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just Got Into Bixby and I love it it's a lot Better than it ever was, Alexa is not all that like I thought she would be but nevertheless it is what it is

Highlighted
Asteroid

Charming, compliant sheep we would all be if we'd just take after you! Learning the ropes of any "personal assistant" is a college course in itself, so most of us (unless tech things are our hobby we deem worth high proportions of our daily time) will choose just one that we routinely use at all. I don't follow this stuff, but I already bring Bixby, Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant ("Hey Google") easily to mind.  The pay-off for lots of patient research and even trial & error isn't pay-off enough to motivate our interest in the relatively unknown "Bixby" and its intrusiveness.  All I really want to learn is how to keep it from showing up on my phone, because whenever I notice that it's shown up, my first priority becomes closing it down and getting it out of my way.

Highlighted
Galaxy

The only way I know that you can get it is to press the button.  So change the button so that it does something else.  Maybe that is only available in the new phones or OS.  I'm relatively new to Bixby as I fairly recently got S10.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Daaam Bixby is useless

Highlighted
Galaxy

I'm confused.  If you don't like it, why do you use it?  Just don't use it.  If you are accidentally pressing the Bixby button, change the button to do something else you like in the settings.  Hardly seems changing a phone for.  If you like Google Assistant or Alexa better, install those.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Oh bright one: 

Androids have Google Assistant whether we choose it or not.  Since you expect us all to know this stuff just by conducing normal lives, then your few moments attention to our finding out how to "change the button" should take you but a little time.  (Yes, some of us didn't know this was possible.)

Highlighted
Galaxy

Not sure if your post was addressed to me or not, but if you are asking how to "change the button", I would go to the Settings, click on the magnifying glass, type in Bixby, look at the results, find "Bixby key" and click on that.

On a separate note, I don't know if Google Assistant is there or not by default, if it was, I probably deleted it.  But I don't think it was on my phone because there was something I thought it might be useful for and I downloaded and installed it, but then I didn't like it so I deleted it.

Highlighted
Constellation

Bixby is useful not useless 🤦‍♂️