Original topic:

Bixby lock phone

(Topic created: 08-05-2021 11:50 AM)
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
When I tell Bixby to lock the phone all it does is turn the screen off.  Can this be fixed in a future patch please? 
38 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Diaboyos just tried it on my Note 20 Ultra and it definitely locked. How are you testing if it is locked or not?

Do you have face recognition enabled? Or smart lock?

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
When I tell Bixby to lock the phone it turns the screen off. When I turn it back on it's on my home screen instead of my lock screen asking for my pin. No facial recognition and I disabled smart lock awhile back because the trusted places setting never worked to keep it unlocked.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Just tried it again and it does not lock my phone it just turns the screen off.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
What are you saying to get Bixby to lock your phone? I've tried saying "lock phone", "Bixby lock phone", and "enable lockdown mode" and none of them work to lock the phone.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Diaboyos Just "Bixby, lock my phone"

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Yeah that doesn't work either. It just turns off the screen but doesn't lock the phone on my s20 Ultra. @SamsungGill Do you know anything about this?
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Check the section called smart lock
Also check your screen time out
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
So you can lock your phone with Bixby too? The only thing I ever tried using smart lock was trusted places to keep the phone unlocked at home but since it never worked I turned it off. The screen timeout is the max 30 minutes.

I just wanted a way to quickly lock the phone. I don't want to lock it every time the screen turns off. I was hoping to be able to use Bixby but I guess I'll have to keep using lockdown mode in the power menu.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Sound like some stratigec corruption is going on
0 Likes