JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby not available on my devices, has it been discontinued?

(Topic created: 06-22-2021 08:24 AM)
1Trek1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have been waiting for the Bixby app to be updated for use on my Samsung devices for awhile now. Recently, I came across an article stating that the Bixby app had been discontinued in 2017. Is this true? Will Bixby not be continuing?? 

Very disappointed here.....

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

@1Trek1 I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to use a feature. This article goes through some steps on how to get started with Bixby. https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-use-bixby/ If you are still unable to access Bixby, please send a private message with the model code and IMEI number of the phone so I may look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

13 Replies
1Trek1
Cosmic Ray
Options

Hopefully, they don't discontinue it.....or, at least, bring it back again. 🙂 

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Bixby is not going anywhere and is available in many phones. It's just been changed to replicate Google assistant. So no. It's not gone. Another tidbit: People can look through your camera even if it's shut off. From Google Search be careful. Also Bixby and Google assistant also listen to you like when you say " hey Google" supposedly only related commands can be heard.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
1trek1 I don't know if turning it into a no button app killed the one with the button and may now need upgrading. Samsung is not responding to my question so I Googled it. Trek, Bixby can be reactivated. Without a button but it's tricky. S Voice was deactivated June 1st 2020. And you can still use voice command. A lot of people thought Sam was replacing Bixby. It's not and hardly available for us to use.
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Hey Samsung! Is Bixby dead or dying? I heard a lot of rumors but that's all they were?? Some people call it spyware! What is it? I don't use it in Google messages, it doesn't exist although I was told even though I can't find it, it's still lurking in my phone! True or false? Why isn't Samsung answering these questions?
0 Likes
1Trek1
Cosmic Ray
Options

No; Bixby is not spyware. 🙂

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Well, there goes that theory. It's not spyware folks. I was mislead by a conspiracy theorist. I didn't think it was either. Hold on folks! The Bixby button is gone and now it uses voice technology..But you can still use the side key. It's not easy
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
It's name is now Bixby free
Andytheman
Comet
Options
The button is gone and it now is Samsung's version of Google assistant. It uses your voice instead of the button because users were complaining that the button kept getting hit accidentally thereby activating Bixby so they removed the knob or button, whatever you want to call it. It's now called Bixby Free like I said earlier.
Andytheman
Comet
Options
There are 8 smartphones in the Google store that have malware but according to PC magazine those phones have been removed.
0 Likes