Original topic:

Bixby "Open" doesn't work

(Topic created: 09-03-2021 04:49 PM)
Mercusio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have SmartThings and a garage door opening named "garage door". I can say, "Bixby, close the garage door." and it works with no issue. But if I say, "Bixby, open the garage door," Bixby replies: "That's not something I can help with yet". Can you guys please train Bixby what "open" means? I had to create a scene called, "open" and I have to remember to say, "Bixby, run the open scene." to make it work. That kinda isn't what I want. Thanks.

4 Replies
Mikeyr305
Cosmic Ray
Options
I believe the only reason why they don't have bixby to be open garage it's because of security issues. Then anybody would be allowed to open garage. So if they steal your phone they would be able to open garage with their voice
0 Likes
Mercusio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Then they need to change the response from "That's not something I can help with yet", which keeps me retrying it over and over to, "this command is security prohibited". And I likely wouldn't have bought this smart watch. Perhaps they can allow us to teach Bixby a custom command? That way if someone takes my devices, cuts off my finger for the finger print, and records my voice like in the movie, Sneakers, at least they wouldn't know my trick phrase. Right now, standing outside in the rain and yelling at my watch, "run open scene" makes me look like 3 times less cool than if it just worked the other way. I think Alexa allows me to do that... hmm.
0 Likes
Mikeyr305
Cosmic Ray
Options
Goodluck with Alexa
0 Likes
user71SfDY0bt5
Astronaut
Options

This is so annoying. I want to use my Samsung Watch 4 (LTE) like an App Connected LTE device... I use my watch when I go mountain biking, and leave my phone at home.. I want to be able to open my garage door when I get back, and not wait 5 minutes for the dang app to "SYNC". 

0 Likes