JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby "wake phone" function disables camera voice commands. Why?

(Topic created: 08-22-2019 07:49 AM)
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

71 Replies
Pwest
Constellation
Options

Ok so it's if you need to use voice shoot then hit your Bixby button and say "turn off voice wakeup" and then turn voice shooting then when you are done just hit Bixby button and say "turn on voice wakeup" that easy no techno- raging involved 😎

Happy Samsunging 😎

Peter West 

Walmart wireless Canada 

0 Likes
userXAISBraCWq
Astronaut
Options
Right my bixby do not work
0 Likes
Pixielee
Asteroid
Options

Agreed!   This is my 1 and only major gripe!  I can't believe in all this time its not fixed, and the best resolution ia *disable bixby* what the frick?! 

benice
Comet
Options

@Giman2 wrote:

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

normal function, so that the device takes priority over camera.

0 Likes
userz71qHO409n
Constellation
Options

I agree totally I don't know what genius came up with this but in my mind there is absolutely no reason to disable the camera when Bixby wake up is active I find this totally unacceptable and would cause me to stop buying Galaxy phones Get this corrected as soon as possible would you pay these people thousands of dollars for.

lamitre27
Constellation
Options

Yes. It is so frustrating and even if I disabled all the Bixby functions I still can't use my camera voice command

0 Likes
userFmLQLUGS7y
Constellation
Options

I can't even find the Bixby Home icon

0 Likes
usert5ocaaoCST
Constellation
Options

Omg!  I have this same problem and I've tried everything! I've done a ton of searches for a solution online and all results keep saying to hit the three dots and disable it, which totally does not work. It really is a pity because as others have said, I really do want to like bixby because it really does look like it could be useful but every few months I find that it is causing problems with yet another of my phone's core functions and I get completely fed up with it all over again. 

:(  The search for a solution continues

0 Likes
usert5ocaaoCST
Constellation
Options

I finally found the solution after doing a ton of research and messing around with the camera and bixby for about an hour!

Everyone kept saying to open up bixby and hit the three dots and disabled bixby, which is partially true. However, what people were not realizing what you have to do is that you need to do is this:

1. open the bixby settings page either by long pressing the bixby button or double pressing the bixby button however you have it set up.

2. Next go to where it says bixby voice Wake up and even if it says that it's off touch it so that you can go into those settings.

3. The voice unlock option may be turned off but the options below it which are the voice sensitivity and the stored voice recordings will still be highlighted viable options. What I found is that you have to delete your stored voice wake up recordings and then you will get your camera voice functionality back.

Once you delete your stored voice files it will grey out that page and then you can go over to your camera settings and turn your voice controls back on and they should work! At least this helped me. 

Hope this helps people!  🙂

I'm on a Galaxy S9 btw.. whatever the latest update is. 

0 Likes
DhiCan1
Cosmic Ray
Options

I've never used Bixby, i don't like it at all and I always used voice command when talking pictures to use this feature you just have to go to the camera menu and enable it.

0 Likes