cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacesonT
Asteroid

Bixby regression

So I realize that Bixby probably isn't very high up on the list of resource allocation these days due to the poor reception it received, but my question is this:  Why is it steadily getting worse in terms of the things it can do and recognize?  I would use it on nearly a daily basis to verbally record my weight and blood pressure in Samsung Health.  Now it seems there are only a handful of commands it is capable of performing with that app.  These are literally two Samsung apps that should play very well together.  Same thing with being able to turn off fast charging at night when it is going to be on the charger for hours anyway.  And just scanning through the various forums, there are plenty of other commands that have been removed that were actually useful and nowhere near to being a security concern.  Is Samsung actively trying to kill it off by making it worse with each new iteration?  This truly puzzles me.

7 REPLIES 7
JacesonT
Asteroid

Re: Bixby regression

No one from Samsung care to comment?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Seems to me that Samsung decided to recreate Bixby 2.0 now 2.1 from scratch.  They deleted  the old code,  code that worked and redid the app over.  

The reason why is beyond me,  but I can only hope Bixby gets better....

If they are doing something bigger with it, I hope they make it better with all mobile devices including the watches. It would make the watches much cooler to use if it was usable on wearables

I like to think of Bixby as a virus.  It is unwanted by me.  It is non removable by me.  It uses resources even when denied any permissions that I can deny it.  When you think of it this way it makes sense that each new version is bad.  I solved the issue by downgrading my S8 from daily phone to emergency back up only and moved on to the Apple ecosystem.  I needed Facetime so that was a good choice for me as it gave me Facetime and got rid of my Samsung headaches of which Bixby was one but not the only headache.

Samsung_m3bqB7Q
Astronaut

I was thinking the same thing. When I got my new Note 10 I couldn't find him. They moved all the buttons around its like I had 2 learn a whole new brand of phone. So I sat down & went thru some YouTube vids that were very informative but nothing related 2 this. Bixby's favorite phrase? I'm sorry I didn't get that. Grrr😬

Hoping some updates r n the near future.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Or for me "I don't understand"

JacesonT
Asteroid

I was willing to give it a chance when it first came out and there were actually a few commands that I found really useful.  I never used it exclusively or to the point where I'd prefer using it to open apps vs. just going to them directly, but some of the deep app integration where you could jump right to the section you wanted was very handy.  Now I struggle to find any integrations that I actually use.