JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby signup screen pops up randomly; ticklish camera

(Topic created: 06-28-2019 07:44 AM)
userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm another of those who don't like Bixby and have switched it off as far as I can by swiping the Bixby screen from the left after opening the Home Screen Settings by slow pressing on a blank area of the home screen. Then selecting settings from the three dots I set it to open only with a double press of the Bixby button. Now, this sets Bixby so that it isn't swipeable for my home screen but will still open with a double press of the button. When that is done, it opens to a Welcome screen  that has my profile, requesting "How can I help you?" 

The camera seems to be very ticklish and many things occur just handling the cellphone such as opening other unrelated programs, often some that have no icon on the home screen that could have been accidentally touched. One that frequently pops up is this registration/signup page for Bixby, even though I previously created an account. If it were from double-clicking the Bixby button while handling the camera it would open the Bixby home page and not the create account screen. Sometimes a browser will open or other random apps, so I need to close those and then try to get the photo that has probably passed by this time. It seems the camera is so ticklish that any touch anywhere opens or changes something, but to open apps out of nowhere like this is frustrating. 

Any clues?

5 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Do you experience these symptoms in safe mode? Are you using the stock camera app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid
Options

Enlighten me, please, I'm not familiar with using safe mode on this Galaxy S9+ or what it accomplishes

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Do you experience these symptoms in safe mode? Are you using the stock camera app?

. As far as I know, it's the stock camera, at least I've never installed a different camera app.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. Some apps can even affect camera functionality, cause audio issues, and affect network connectivity. Using Safe Mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone or tablet.

Give these steps a try: 

1. Press and hold the Power button until the Power menu is displayed.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed.

3. Tap Safe mode to start your phone in Safe mode.

4. If you have a security feature set up on the phone or tablet, you'll be required to enter your credentials once the phone or tablet reboots.

5. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see Safe mode displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userQkInXPhyvx
Asteroid
Options

In Safe Mode, there appear to be less of the sporadic opening of apps, but I found out where the Bixby one is originating. When the camera screen is open the Bixby Vision option is stated at the top left corner of the vertical screen. When the cellphone rotates from vertical to horizontal, the flesh at the base of my left thumb is sufficient to trigger opening the Bixby Vision enrollment screen. One issue identified and another curse for Bixby!

Playing around with the phone in my hands, moving it about and gripping it in various ways, there were no other apps that opened. (Although one time I apparently triggered the Emoji command that is located adjacent to Bixby Vision, probably the same way.) I don't suppose there is any way to remove these options from the camera screen, is there? 

Now, since you tutored me on Safe Mode, I found that it corrected another problem where all my menu slots on Settings were black with faint print. In Safe Mode, they all display black print on a white background again. How do I go about activating one app at a time to see which one(s) are causing these aberrations?

Thanks for your advice.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

My first recommendation would be to take your phone back to a default theme. If you don't have a theme on your device, I would recommend deleting the apps that you most recently installed.

0 Likes