JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby unable to perform any functions when connected to home internet/WiFi, S10+

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 04:03 PM)
bryank
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, I have a Verizon Galaxy S10+ that is experiencing the following Bixby problems only when connected to my home's WiFi (Armstrong cable, Plume mesh network 5GHz routers, a newly installed Google Home Mini on the network):

1. If I say "Hi Bixby", I receive "Looks like something went wrong. Try again later."
  2. If I go to the Marketplace and tap on Communication for example, I receive "Server error occurred. Try again later."
  3. If I go to Check for updates, I receive "Couldn't check for updates. Check your network connection and try again."

I have tried restarting, clearing app data, clearing app cache, and of course updating to no avail. Everything works if I turn off WiFi however. My phone is currently running Bixby Version: 2.2.46.0, Android 10, and One UI 2.0.

I'd love to use Bixby at home, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bryank
Asteroid
Options

Plume settings did end up being the problem.

I launched the Bixby app on my phone and waited for an entry to appear in the Security Events page of the Plume app. It looks like Plume was blocking this app for Adblocking reasons. I simply added the Bixby event to the Approve list and now I can access all the features.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Do you experience these symptoms if you test Bixby on another Wi-Fi network?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bryank
Asteroid
Options

So far I've only been able to test Bixby on two Wifi networks. On my home network Bixby will not connect, on my church's network it will.

Knowing very little about wireless networks I am unsure what might cause this? I am using Plume pods (mesh network hardware) with Armstrong cable as my Wifi.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I would recommend reaching out to Plume for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
bryank
Asteroid
Options

Plume settings did end up being the problem.

I launched the Bixby app on my phone and waited for an entry to appear in the Security Events page of the Plume app. It looks like Plume was blocking this app for Adblocking reasons. I simply added the Bixby event to the Approve list and now I can access all the features.

0 Likes