cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Bixby voice disappeared

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After I received the email notification I cleared  the cache and data to get it up and running. I downloaded some more Bixby updates.  I've been running Bixby voice for about a week without any real issues. I was going to try the new enhanced voice recognition in setting and made the mistake of clearing the original voice wake up command and then in setting/apps cleared the cache and data for all Bixby entries. When I restarted Bixby voice was gone. No trace of it in settings, long pressing the Bixby button does nothing.  I have no idea what happened. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Bixby voice disappeared

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Clf When you say you cleared the cache and data, which apps did that apply to? Just Bixby Voice? Or all the related apps? Or have you cleared the cache from your phone overall? I am just making sure I understand the specifics of what transpired.

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Clf When you say you cleared the cache and data, which apps did that apply to? Just Bixby Voice? Or all the related apps? Or have you cleared the cache from your phone overall? I am just making sure I understand the specifics of what transpired.

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I cleared the cache and data in Bixby Global Action, Bixby Home, Bixby Service, Bixby Vision and Bixby Voice. I don't if this makes a difference but instead of restarting I powered the phone off for a cold boot.   

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly I expect you have thousands of posts to sort out every day and I appreciate your looking into this. 

CLF 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungCamp, 

I just wanted to let you that Bixby voice seems  to be coming back. 

The only available options in the settings menu were Bixby Home cards. 

I cleared the cache and data for the five Bixby entries and restarted the phone. The setup process  didn't go through the voice setup.  I looked into Bixby setting and now see all of the voice settings are back. I exist settings, and Bixby Home. I then long press the Bixby button but it doesn't activate Bixby voice. I then go into system settings and clear the cache and data for Bixby voice and restart the phone. The  setup for Bixby voice  started and went through the entire process. Long pressing the Bixby button activates Bixby voice.  I say hi Bixby  and she responded with hey there. Voice wake up is working perfectly again as well. I think it synced with my Samsung account because some of the data in my Bixby has mysteriously returned. I'm back at level 7 There so easily set up I deleted my old quick commands to start fresh. 

I'm going to start working with Bixby now to see if everything is working properly.

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf and I'll be sure to let you know how things work out. 

CLF 

user0Wy5RM9IJZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No this didn't work 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @user0Wy5RM9IJZ

So just to be clear, has your Bixby Voice application also disappeared?

userf7VXQYWzUt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have galaxy s9. My bixby voice disappeared. I cant long press anymore.

I cant see anything on bixby home. Clearing chache from setting doesn't  do anything

KingBeefVI
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just experienced the same about 10 minutes ago. I have Bixby home but I can't get Voice to come up. Nothing in settings either.

MaTiCeK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The exact same thing happened to.my Galaxy S9+ today.

John Greene
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine too, and still looking for ways how to resolve it.