cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user82YPDSuuDh
Constellation

Bixby voice set up, no english language option. only korean.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I signed up for the early access program and got accepted today. Updated the bixby app just fine..followed the prompts up to language. On my phone, it doesn't give me option to choose english. Only Korean.

Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bixby voice set up, no english language option. only korean.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually dug into Bixby last week before the beta and found a way to turn it on - only to find the same issue. I used Google Translate and translated the screens and spoke the translations in English. Then, once that was done, I was able to go into the settings and switch it to English. If I remember correctly, the prompts ask you to speak the following phrases - "Bixby", "Bixby", "Bixby, open my messages", and "Bixby, turn on bluetooth". Try those, then once your past that screen, you should be able to switch to English.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually dug into Bixby last week before the beta and found a way to turn it on - only to find the same issue. I used Google Translate and translated the screens and spoke the translations in English. Then, once that was done, I was able to go into the settings and switch it to English. If I remember correctly, the prompts ask you to speak the following phrases - "Bixby", "Bixby", "Bixby, open my messages", and "Bixby, turn on bluetooth". Try those, then once your past that screen, you should be able to switch to English.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
user82YPDSuuDh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I was able to change it to English following what you did.

userlwyUYvW3lQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My entire Bixby is in Korean which I can't read or speak , so how would I determine what each screen is asking me for what? ?

So that I can completely disable and force stop the entire annoying app? ?

Thanks 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlwyUYvW3lQ What type of device are you using?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the assist @shuddle13. It's very much appreciated. And with the marked solution for you, it looks like that this definitely ended up helping out, @user82YPDSuuDh!

Awesome job.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.