JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 07-15-2017 10:00 AM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
Master Nater
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this got mine working! Thanks!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No problem. That brings me joy. If you have any other questions let me know.

0 Likes
userf4HO6FazC2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same issue. Went into apps and uninstalled the bixby updates. Basically restoring the bixby apps to factory settings. Then I opened bixby and was prompted to do the update again. It's working great now!!!

0 Likes
userx3NPbOgoED
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you share specific instructions on how are you uninstall the updates? At-least I can give that a try, otherwise I am completely frustrated by Bixby 

0 Likes
Fasterflex
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, why bixby doesn't respond voice comand . I only can see the cards. If I told down the bixby button nothing pops up, what should I do to have it working ,it look like nice to have. Thank you.

0 Likes
TheSean
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Fasterflex, are you actively part of the beta? 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Glad to hear that. Enjoy. Thanks for being a part of the Community Forum

0 Likes
TheSean
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry for the late reply, guys. You can uninstall the updates by going to Settings>Apps>Bixby Voice>Menu (three dots at the top right)>Uninstall Updates. I hope this helps! 

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey,
I never thought of looking there for that! Great info thanks SamsungSean
0 Likes
HD7075
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I joined the beta program for bixby voice, and it was installed. There is the new icon on bixby home, but when I press it, it just takes me to the home screen. Also, when I short press the Bixby button, nothing happens. I've tried clearing the cache like others said, but it still doesn't work. It doesn't respond at all. Any help?