cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVu9EjQQUOl
Asteroid

Bixby won't learn name pronunciation or spelling-Siri and Google assistant do

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I try to call "Kira" but Bixby hears "Keira". I then take the time to type it in, but the next time it won't remember.  Its like that with a lot of my contacts. (Google gets them right by the way) How can I teach Bixby my pronunciation? The "teach me" button is gone. A voice assistant is useless if it does not understand what you are saying and so is the button on my S10 that launches the assistant. The boards are littered with similar issues-please dont advise a "quick command" my phone is now littered with too many of them to cover this shortcomming. 

How can I teach Bixby my pronunciation?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userVu9EjQQUOl
Asteroid

Re: Bixby won't learn name pronunciation or spelling-Siri and Google assistant do

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has been going on since 2017. The samsung boards are littered with similar complaints, but instead of fixing it you roll out "new features" we will never use. Please teach Bixby to be better or kill it and let us use Alexa or GA which actuially work. This will be the last Samsung phone I ever own if you keep pushing this obselescence  without fixing it-I've been a Samsung customer for 13 years and regret I have waited around for a fix. All trust in Smsung is gone because of Bixby and your forcing it on us.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby won't learn name pronunciation or spelling-Siri and Google assistant do

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are some steps available here that you can try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080444/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVu9EjQQUOl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, thanks, but I have done that repeatedly with the same results. It will not learn and I have to keep entering by hand. Will this be addressed in the next update or is this something that cannot ever be fixed?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time there have been no reports of this being added, however,  I will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVu9EjQQUOl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has been going on since 2017. The samsung boards are littered with similar complaints, but instead of fixing it you roll out "new features" we will never use. Please teach Bixby to be better or kill it and let us use Alexa or GA which actuially work. This will be the last Samsung phone I ever own if you keep pushing this obselescence  without fixing it-I've been a Samsung customer for 13 years and regret I have waited around for a fix. All trust in Smsung is gone because of Bixby and your forcing it on us.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userQw6o6naHMg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think Bixby is terrible. I've had several people try to talk to Bixby and it never understands anyone. When it does understand something it doesn't have answer, "hmmm I dont understand that one" and many other responses. The old S-Voice IA was far much better though Google & Alexa are outstanding. So I've disabled Bixby all together and wish I could remove the stupid button on side of my S10.