Original topic:

Blocking telemarketers how do I report unwanted calls

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 03:21 PM)
CordieMae
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have received over 60 calls today from telemarketers who I've told not to call. How do I report them for harassment?
5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
The biggest mistake anyone can make is to answer the call

Why ?

Because if you answer, you just confirmed your number is valid and you're a possible target

Simply long press on phone number you just ignored and select Report Spam and Block option
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
You can also put your number in the do not call database. Not sure how effective it is, but maybe it'll dwindle the number of calls you currently get.
The Burg
Galaxy
Options
I can confirm that the spam / telemarketing calls are getting completely out of hand. I'm on the Do Not Call list, and I use Verizon's advanced anti-spam blocker but they keep coming. The problem is that the spammers are spoofing legitimate numbers so I've started Google searching each number and confirming its BS before I block it.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
We get, maybe one to two calls each, from spammers, a month.

It's all about NOT ADVERTISING your phone number out in the public ... to include your personal information

But folks love to advertise theirselves , and then they wonder why they get spammed
0 Likes
userx4qF1z8TMQ
Constellation
Options
I've gotten 6 calls within a 24 hr span. And the calls are showing up as Names now. Not unknown caller or just the number but as people. So now I'm not sure whether to answer or block call. I was kinda getting worried tht some1 was trying to call me or get ahold of me from some1 else's phone. But whn I answered it was telemarketers. But it shows up as a legit person & state calling from my state & local area. Even though I'm on the DO NOT CALL :no_mobile_phones: registry, & hv the spam filter thru T-Mobile. It still doesn't matter they are still getting around it.
& why can't u delete the list of blocked calls? There are tons of numbers, I've blocked but unable to delete in settings cause if u do it will unblock the number. The worst was election day & all the text messages I received. How do they get your number to send text messages now? I have all my settings set secure & data deleted frm sites or blocked. I dnt think it will ever be stopped. But needs too. It's getting out of control. I had a telemarketer cuss me out, told me he was gonna shut down my accounts very scary esp whn u have no name, company or a number to report.
0 Likes