I understand that the blue dot on the lower right of a contact icon indicates that contact is utilizing RCS/Advanced Chat Features. What would cause this blue dot to disappear and then reappear intermittently on the same contact? Is it an indication of that contact's current status, meaning they're currently using the app? What are all of the possibilities for the dot appearing and then reappearing intermittently user and/or network related?
Hi, thank you for your question! The dot usually is an indicator of that contact being RCS compatible with you. It flickering like that is not normal behavior. You can try a couple things to see if it stops this flickering.
You can try clearing your device's cache partition. The steps for that are:
Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
- While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
- Select wipe cache partition.
Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select reboot system now.
Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.
You should also check to see if a third-party application could be responsible for the strange behavior. The guide for Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
Please let me know if this helps.