cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Dot contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So on only some of my contacts has a colored dot on them. Sometimes it's a different color in some screens. What the heck is the dot for and why. What does it represent. I've heard multiple things, clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Blue dot text message by contact

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The blue dots that appear next to some of our contacts profile picture thumbnail bubbles in the messaging app are put there "ONLY" for the user's who have been wondering what the little blue dots that appear next to some of our contacts profile picture thumbnail bubbles in the messaging app was so that they would have a legit reason to ask the community what the blue dots that appear next to some of our contact profile picture thumbnail bubbles are.

NOW......

with that said....

I have no idea what the little blue dots that appear next to some of our contact profile picture thumbnail bubbles really are to be quite honest.  I was only poking fun above with my answer due to the fact that even though all of the answers that I read were all different from one another they did have 1 thing in common with each other....... that's that they obviously were all wrong! That's when I decided to add one more wrong answer but one with a little bit of humor behind it.  

P.s. ftr I tried to catch them all but the run-on sentences were just too fast for me so I guess ya'll just haft to get overs it. GO VOLS!!! 😉

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe it's for text messages that aren't yet read by the person you sent them to.  both my father and a friend  sent me messages late. I woke up and messaged them back and the blue dots where there until they woke up and responded later that morning. Been trying to figure that blue dot in contact icon in messaging app for a while

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I may be wrong, and I don't know if anyone has answered this post already, but I've noticed a trend with contacts to have the blue dot. I believe that it is to mark those that have real-time text messaging. Which is a feature that you can see when the person you are texting has received your message, and is replying or typing in real time.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Blue dot beside numbers or name in text only

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I look at my text messages my husband name appears and beside it is the initial of his first name. Then to the left of his initial is a blue dot. Yesterday I got a text from a wrong number and the same blue dot showed up beside that number. Which this number wasn't in my contacts, it was only a number.

I've read that if you have a android phone that other people that have android phones will show up with a blue dot beside there name. My husband does have a android and so do I. In his text my number and initial doesn't have any blue dots next to any name or number.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Blue dot beside numbers or name in text only

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The thread https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/Bkue-dot/m-p/630593 may provide you some answers. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This may be an indication of other Samsung users showing that your ability to use features like a live message between two contacts who have a Samsung Device.

Do you see any blue dots on a contact profile that isn't a Samsung device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Copied the solutions from that link save you a click lmao

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Blue dot indicates that video call is capable 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if this is the case of it being video capable i dont see anywhere i can make a video call with them. So where is this feature? Unless u can tell me where the feature is so i can activate it, i cant buy your answer to the problem. I challange ur answer.