cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Plz help me with this. I still don't have a real answer y...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think them users have the ability to see that the text they sent you has been delivered, and when you read it, on there screen it will say read..  try sending them a text.. when they get text it will say delivered on your screan, and when they open it, it will switch to "read" on your screen

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The dot clearly indicates compatibility with another contact to use special features only available on certain phones (not just Samsung). For example, the "chat message" feature. Read on: Why are my messages sometimes sent as chat and sometimes as texts?

Messages are sent as chats if the person you’re messaging has Message+, Rich Communication Services (RCS) and a data connection. Otherwise messages will be sent as text or picture messages. (This function isn’t supported on iOS.) You’ll always know which type of message will be sent (text, picture message or chat) before you send it.

You can see whether you’ve sent a text or a chat – most devices show them in different colours. Consult your device manual for specific advice.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Bkue dot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is for which contacts you can make VIDEO CALLS to through the STANDARD CALLING APP. I have 7 phones on my plan, 3 are S9 plus 2 are note 10 plus. 4 of us have the blue dot and can video chat, my daughter has a note 10 plus UNLOCKED VERSION hers does not have the blue dot and we CANT VIDEO CHAT THROUGH THE STANDARD CALLING APP .... we can only video chat through messenger. Because of that I am trading her phone in for the S20 carrier version. I didnt know that the unlocked versions didnt offer video calling, that software comes from the carriers and they cant add it for you and I dont want to add it myself. SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, THE BLUE DOT MEANS YOU CAN VIDEO CHAT WITH YOUR CONTACT REGARDLESS IF YOU ARE AT&T AND THEY ARE TMOBILE OR IF YOU HAVE A NOTE 10 AND THEY HAVE AN S9.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Bkue dot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is everybody you mentioned on at&t?  So far as I can tell the blue dot indicates a contact that is on the AT&T network. I think it is showing the activation of "Advanced Messaging".  I'm not positive what it indicates, but I ONLY see it with in network contacts... 

Highlighted
Constellation

Remove Blue Dot From Text Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do i get rid of the blue dot next to some of the contacts in my text messages?  i don't need to be told why it's there; how do i get rid of it?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Remove Blue Dot From Text Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Open the message. Dolt.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

H

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tirn off app icon badges in notification settings.