JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue dot text message by contact

(Topic created: 12-23-2019 08:02 PM)
userXtsgcad5Ta
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anybody know what the blue dot Is on the icon next to the person's name in the text message app? Only shows there. Only on select contacts.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
107 Replies
Tray_214
Astronaut
Options
From what I am experiencing, from the messages that I responded to have the blue dot. But, when I respond they go away. Another thing is that for all of my iPhone using friends, the messages are green and for the androids they come in blue.
0 Likes
userNXke9nqwJX
Astronaut
Options

It astonishes me that someone thought that providing a blue dot as a sign for an obscure network protocol would be helpful.  What a waste of bits and bytes.

Maxygirl
Astronaut
Options
AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile join forces to bring RCS to Android in 2020. Here's a shocker. All four major US carriers — Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile — have just announced that they're joining forces to deliver RCS messaging in the US for Android smartphones in 2020.Oct 25
0 Likes
meyasee
Astronaut
Options
hey what the latest
0 Likes
Jimadmz
Constellation
Options
I wish people wouldn't answer problems/questions if they "think" they know but they don't have accurate information. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone on Sprint/T-Mobile. At least 2 of my contacts have Android phones but not Samsung or Sprint. They have blue dots next to their contact icon.
Other contacts have the Sprint for different phones (iPhones for instance) with no Blue Dot. Also, please, if you are going to answer a question using an acronym (RCS) please try to define what that is. We should not have to Google an acronym to figure out what's being talked about. Just my opinion.
meyasee
Astronaut
Options
hey everyone
0 Likes
BGRLZRK
Constellation
Options
what's the difference between chat mode and mms? i know i was asked if i wanted my contact profile to go live in order to share my status and see when someone responds to my messages. I assumed these features only applied to other Samsung users who enabled this feature. I wasn't aware of the RCS compatability function.
0 Likes
OfDaWord
Astronaut
Options
People's :red_apple: & :tangerine:. It's all good, we Got it! LOL
0 Likes
leenleen
Astronaut
Options
can you turn off the blue dot note until 20??? please
0 Likes
goawayok
Asteroid
Options
🧁 The mystery of the :blue_circle: has been solved. seriously I'm glad because it was bugging me 😂 I couldn't figure out what they had in common now I know 😊 Thanks
0 Likes