Original topic:

Bring Back Show Images!

(Topic created: 08-03-2022 12:59 AM)
fotimmy
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

The decision to remove the "Show Images" link makes no sense. There is a reason I don't allow my phone to automatically download and show all images. The Setting "Show All Images" is NOT a solution, it is a very poor workaround. If it can't be a link, put it in the More menu so that we can choose what images we want to show and when.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
hommealone
Astronaut
Options
Samsung released a fixed version a few days ago that brought back the original functionality. It is working normally again, at least on my phone. If you've installed an alternate mail app and haven't opened Samsung Mail recently, try again. If still broken, force an update. Mine is installed from Google Play.

View solution in context

16 Replies
Juju2004
Astronaut
Options
Dude
0 Likes
bkmelas
Comet
Options
Go to your email settings and lookup for the option to enable. See images attached Screenshot_20220802-210359_Email_24062_1659489066.jpgScreenshot_20220802-210434_Email_24064_1659489193.jpgScreenshot_20220802-210517_Email_24066_1659489291.jpg
0 Likes
Members_uZmsGLJ
Constellation
Options

that enables it for everything all the time.  this isn;t what we want

fotimmy
Asteroid
Options
Seriously bkmelas you need to go back and read all of what the post says. It clearly states that I am aware of that setting and that is not the same thing. I also stated that isn't an option. Maybe next time slow down and read the post before you jump to a conclusion making and making an assumption. If you do you can avoid posting useless information like this.
0 Likes
Members_uZmsGLJ
Constellation
Options

Thank you I was just going to post this as a bug or whatnot.  This has to come back or I have to find a new email client.   that will be a painful migration i don't want to do, it will make me very unhappy.   this needs to be rolled back ASAP.

hommealone
Astronaut
Options
It has been almost two weeks and still no fix! Google Play and the Samsung app store are bursting with complaints. I have followed instructions I found and emailed them ( b2b.sec@samsung.com ).

I sure hope they'll listen to their customers!
userrMlArZTuBr
Astronaut
Options

I believe Samsung is bowing down to marketers.  If you don't open the images the marketers don't know whether or not you've looked at the email. 

fotimmy
Asteroid
Options
I really hope that isn't the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.
0 Likes
Members_uZmsGLJ
Constellation
Options

but it's also spammers, phishers, and the like.  So this would be a no go.

0 Likes