Original topic:

Bug in The Weather Channel for Samsung

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 07:27 AM)
m005kennedy
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
When I get an alert from this program it doesn't connect to the app 80% of the alerts.  If I click on the alert it takes me to the Google Play store to install the weather app from the store. I'd rather use the Samsung version but it get frustrating that it doesn't go to the Samsung version I have install . If I go to the Samsung app I often can not find the information that the alert was referring to. I assume this is a bug in the Samsung app? I'm using an A52 5g phone.
0 Likes
1 Reply
User_tfid
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

thinking out loud here... there is an issue with most carriers transitioning users to 5G from legacy 2G or 3G not to worry this will go away soon. I have T-Mobile and I get weather and news 150+ miles away in Detroit it is usually not often that ip and networks own all their air spaces sometimes carriers lease out the jobs and it gets messsy. I would try this. Check and make sure your carrier apps have permissions set that will help keep them aligned. To do this is tidous but it is what it is. Also try an app called LTE discovery and let it refresh your signal similar to frequency hopping which is close to miliary encryption for radio signals and if that doesnt work just say f it im going to bring my own umbrella until the  storm is over with 5G

0 Likes