cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Bug - unable to remove notifications from find phone

Stop adding more annoying "services" and "features"

I am starting to get constant loud blaring notifications to "remind me" to enable offline phone finding"

I dont WANT to enable this. I just want to get rid if that bloddy notification, but thats not allowed. I have even disabled fnd phone, and it still pops up.

What do i need to do to get rid of this ?

Hack my phone ? Switch brand ?

6 REPLIES 6
Comet

Re: Bug - unable to remove notifications from find phone

You can turn the sound notification off. Just got the same alert 2 days ago and dismissed it with no issues
Constellation

Im sure that works fine, if you enable the offline find phone function, like samsung wants you to.

However, if you have disabled this "feature", it will keep blaring every few hours. Even in the middle of the night.

Comet

Re: Re: Bug - unable to remove notifications from find phone

Both find my phone and offline options are off. You do get the notification at least once a month but I disabled sound notification and it just shows up on my notification screen/locked screen with no audible notice.

clipboard_image_1610653541618_1610653541618.jpg

settings, biometrics and security, find the find my mobile setting, and select the menu view simply done by tapping on the words not the switch, turn it on if it's not and turn off that function and both the other 2 if they are on, then leave it on and go to the permissions screen for that app and revoke any turned on no matter what.. you should hear from it again and since its still turned, can be used from the web site to help you
Constellation

But that still requires me to enable the "feature", which i dont want. I dont LIKE trqcking software as it is, so I certainly dont want to enable MORE of it on my phone.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

Try opening the find my mobile app and turn it off. Select the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the page. Select notification on the drop down menu and a notification settings screen should open. Turn off the category titled New Features. Might be worth a try.

Best regards, 

CLF