Original topic:

Calculator App Update Bug: System Sounds

(Topic created: 10-17-2021 06:21 PM)
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello I saw recently the calculator app was updated on the 14th. After the update, the app seems to ignore the system's volume level set on my phone. It has extremely loud feedback sounds every time I type/touch in the app. I am using it on the Galaxy S21. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
9 Replies
userVGQAdo9RFw
Astronaut
Options
It happen in I phone as it was a hack, this could be similar to it.please reset the phone and set it up
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
I did reset the phone but it seems to be a bug on all Samsung phones. I searched on the galaxy store and everyone is reporting the same issue. Seems to be ignoring android settings. Could be unintentionally added seeing one U.I. 4.0 beta calculator adds the material you theme.
0 Likes
NightWatcher
Constellation
Options

Add me to the list of those affected by the latest calculator app update that broke the sound volume settings for it.  I did my update today and right after that, noticed that the touch sounds on the calculator when I tap the buttons is now much louder than I'd had it set. I had system touch sound volume down low because it's annoying to hear every time I write a message or touch something. But now the calculator is as loud as my main regular volume. I'd thought I'd messed up the settings somehow even though I hadn't touched them lately. 

I hope they get it fixed asap, because it's annoying to hear and now that everyone around me can hear me tap tapping, it's annoying for them too.

So Samsung, please fix it so that the calculator app once again respects the system touch volume settings we set for it.

Slashsnipe
Astronaut
Options
My calculator tap volume is absurdly loud, it hurts my ears which is ridiculous; only solution is to turn volume to mute/vibrate.
userGXeXFCKQeE
Constellation
Options
Yep, I have the same issue, started after a recent update... hoping Samsung acknowledges it and working towards a fix...
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
This issue has now been fixed in the new calculator app update!
0 Likes
userXYfVtZJ6Pq
Astronaut
Options

Mine is still doing it.

0 Likes
rtdt
Astronaut
Options
My calculator app was updated 11/30. I have the touch sounds off in the general settings. The calculator app ignores the system settings, still has touch sounds.
0 Likes
Cammie687
Astronaut
Options
I'm also having some trouble with my calculator I'm using S20+ ultra 5G
0 Likes