cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereE2NbdhvIO
Asteroid

Calendar events disappear

I've had my Note10+ a few days now, coming from a Note8 that hadn't been updated to Pie. On my Note8 my calendar events would stay in my notification bar until I physically dismissed them. On my Note10+ they disappear as soon as the event has ended, causing me to miss several important appointments and events. This is a big problem for me and I can't find an app that will keep the event until dismissed. I have seen other threads with the same issue but no solution. It's this something that is going to be fixed? Another thing I'm having an issue with is the gradual volume on alarms and ring tones. This is something that should be an option for those who need a loud alarm in the morning. I find myself groggily hitting dismiss before the alarm reaches full volume and fully waking me up. 

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung_03jOOVn
Astronaut

Samsung apps and services

Samsung apps and services

usereE2NbdhvIO
Asteroid

Re: Samsung apps and services

I'm sorry? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Good afternoon,

In regards to the calendar events disappearing, do you uses the stock calendar app or another app? Do you have other calendars syncing to your calendar? Do you have your settings to hide content on the lock screen?

For your concern with the alarm, (I had this same issue), do you have the settings available that are shown in this article? https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-plus/941284-how-turn-off-alarm-gradual-volume...

usereE2NbdhvIO
Asteroid

I use the Samsung calendar, I only have my 2 Gmail calendars synced and content is not hidden on the lock screen. I've tested this by adding events for 5 minute , after the 5 minutes is up the event disappears. Upon doing research there are many other with the same issue and it's been identified as either the Google pie update or the Samsung update which makes sense, as my old note was never updated and I didn't have this problem. I've checked all settings, there is nowhere to change this, it just happens with no way to prevent it.

I've also noticed my phone no longer syncs calendar events over around a year ago, although they are visible on a desktop on the Google calendar.

As far as the alarms go, there are no settings available anywhere in the factory clock app. I've included screenshots of this. The only volume setting is the volume of the ringtone, but no gradual increase option. Screenshot_20190831-073449_Clock.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-073504_Clock.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-073449_Clock.jpg

useroQwqafwTbv
Constellation

Same problem all of my events and reminders have suddenly  disappeared for no reason in the middle of the day. Everything was fine this morning then later on this afternoon they dissappeared.

I use Samsung and google calendars, like I say all was well now all calendar events/ reminders are gone (google, samsung and any others I may have used but didnt realize).  My phone never mention anything about any updates ( google, samsung or otherwise).  All events for past month to 2 months dissappeared. My phone always had power mode on now after this it said cant sync with power mode  on so I clicked it off and it began to sync but only up to abt 1-2 months ago.

No I have never used any cloud, never needed to. I checked my setting to try to reset, its all greyed out and doesnt allow me too. It said something like 'none set to default' or something along these lines. I restarted my tel, same thing? Nothing happened that I could tell today, they just disappeared. 

Can anyone explain Why this happened?  Can anyone give detailed  instructions on how to resolve this?  i.e for google calendar do this... for samsung do  that... ?  Can anyone give detailed instructions on how to save my calendar in the future if I cant resolve this issue? 

Any help is worth a try, its a lot of work to put everything back in, some I might not remember. Anyone have ideas please, thank you in advance 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useroQwqafwTbv Are you referring to the events being deleted from the calendar completely after the event or the notification disappearing completely? Which calendar are you saving your events to?

useroQwqafwTbv
Constellation

The events have completly disappeared. there are no notifications because the event is gone from my calendar - there is nothing to notify me about if the event is not there.  Some of my events/reminders are repeat  - each week or every 2 weeks, every month etc. The events will pass but they repeat each week or however I set up that event. 

For calendars on my Samsung s8, I use the Samsung calendar app within the tel, then once it is opened, I can change the calendar I want that event saved to inside the app, i.e google, hotmail, or the samsung's own calendar.  Since I have had this tel there has never been a problem I can see every event for each calendar I use always, still can, problem is all events from now going back to around July /beginning of Aug have disappeared. This means that all the events I put in for Sept have disappeared.

All of the calendars I use coincide with the email I have, for example I have 3 different gmail account on my phone, yahoo and  hotmail - I can change the calendar inside the app to save to that account. i.e  Samsung123@gmail.com,  this will show in the calendar and I can just choose this Samsung123@gmail.com and the event will save to this calendar. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. I would recommend taking your device to your local UbreakIfix or calling 1-800-726-7864 so they can get a closer look either hands-on or by remoting into your device.

HuntressWolf
Astronaut

I have a similar issue, except everything I had for today, and the next two weeks are gone. I'm not too worried about the rest, but my work schedules and everything are gone. I used my Samsung calender to keep up with days my dad would pay my child Support, work, days off, and even when I get to change my earrings seeing as I just got them pierced again. Now everything is gone. No birthdays, no nothing save for one work shift from last month. I don't know what to be but I needed those events. Everything important were on them.