JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to record phone calls

(Topic created: 07-28-2023 08:19 AM)
KeeperOfTheWorld
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I've seen others able to record their phone calls but I try and I don't have the option in the 3 dots while in a call. Is there something I have to enable to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
There are state laws preventing calls from being recorded easily. If you want to record phone calls, it is best to do so on a second phone or digital recorder device. If you live in an all/two-party state, you will be breaking the law if you do not inform individuals that you are recording them.

https://www.justia.com/50-state-surveys/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations

View solution in context

6 Replies
RevCyberTrucker
Constellation
Options
Depends on the phone model, carrier and local laws. It's unlikely that a US specific model will allow call recording, since some states require two-party consent. Rather than open themselves up to legal interactions, most manufacturers will disable it before selling the model here.
Options
Call recording has been disabled on the operating system level due to certain laws. You would need a second device to record
0 Likes
user3dB9mrVpi9
Constellation
Options
How do I record ongoing phone calls on s22 ultra?
Zelendel
Astronaut
Options
Depending on the model you might not be able to. Devices sold by us carriers have it removed from devices due to laws
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Cube ACR is about the best recorder now. It was great before Google gimped all the recording apps. Now it's about the best you're gonna get.
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
There are state laws preventing calls from being recorded easily. If you want to record phone calls, it is best to do so on a second phone or digital recorder device. If you live in an all/two-party state, you will be breaking the law if you do not inform individuals that you are recording them.

https://www.justia.com/50-state-surveys/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations