JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't receive text messages fix

(Topic created: 12-26-2021 11:01 AM)
GalaxyMouse
Explorer
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I don't know know if anyone else has had this problem, but I wasn't able to receive text messages on my Galaxy S10+ for about three days. I tried several things such as restarting my phone and switching between the default messaging app and Google Message which didn't help. It wasn't my service, I have unlimited data and it picks up signal about anywhere. I finally decided to boot my phone up into recovery mode and proceeded to wipe my cache partition and than I selected the repair apps option. When my phone booted up it got spammed with all the text messages I couldn't see for three days, but I could text again and it fixed the problem. 

I hope this problem gets fixed, and I would like to know what caused it so I can avoid it. It just happened out of nowhere without a warning and I started to get anxious because I thought people were ignoring my texts. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GalaxyMouse
Explorer
Options
So I did the recovery process again and my text did NOT get deleted. I now do this to my phone weekly and it keeps it running correctly 😃

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
user9S0npAZKKg
Constellation
Options
I too have this problem but it is only with one certain contact I have called my carrier so many times and they assured me everything was working fine in their end. It is so frustrating. I too have done all the steps you mentioned above as well restarting phone and trying other messaging apps.
GalaxyMouse
Explorer
Options
I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully Samsung will release a fix for this issue. Good to know I wasn't the only one having it.
0 Likes
user9S0npAZKKg
Constellation
Options
Thank you, yes hopefully Samsung looks into this issue and fixes it. Hope you aren't having this issue anymore as of now.
GalaxyMouse
Explorer
Options
I'm not having this issue anymore, the recovery mode method I stated is what fixed my phone.
jadesley
Astronaut
Options
Hi did you lose your text messages when you did the recovery mode?
Thx!
GalaxyMouse
Explorer
Options
I delete my chat every time I'm done texting, so I'm not sure. It shouldn't delete anything though. The recovery process re-optimizes all of your apps, so it shouldn't lose memory of anything.
jadesley
Astronaut
Options
Ok . Thank you very much. I will try this option today. 🙂
GalaxyMouse
Explorer
Options
Good luck, I hope it fixes your issue. 😄
jadesley
Astronaut
Options
Thank you.. I'm still hesitant on doing it as I am worried about losing my texts.. I keep a lot of them for backup if needed.. if you know what I mean..