Original topic:

Can't use my samsung video editor

(Topic created on: 6/10/21 5:05 PM)
SamsungUser1884
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello! I have noticed that whenever I try to edit a video in my samsumg video editor (off of the gallery) that it says that my video is "corrupt or not supported". It says this for every video including normal camera taken videos and also screen recordings and downloaded videos. Everything else that is tied to the gallery app works just fine and I have already tried updating the app. I know I don't have a virus or anything because I just got a new phone. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can fix the problem? Thank you so much!
3 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating this must be. What type of device are you using?

Are your videos saved to your SD card?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tested out editing your videos in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Wolf80
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
My note 10 plus is doing the same thing. Just got it and updated everything. Can't figure out why.
0 Likes
Wolf80
Constellation
Options
**UPDATE** go into the Samsung store. Under "My Apps" find the video editor and update it. Worked for me. Hope this helps.
0 Likes